Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

BarTowel Personal Ads

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Uncle Bobby

Post by Uncle Bobby »

Hey! I see that the newest member of BarTowel is “BrewKitt’n”. Does this mean that there is an actual chick on BarTowel?! And that she is not just reading the beer-obsessed postings, but also intends to post some zymurgic materials herself?

Pas possible!

Just in case there is a real live woman on this website periodically (and not just a cop posing as a teenage girl), I hereby post the first BarTowel personal ad.

Organic Man Seeks Sweet Solution

Male 39 years old, tasteful, quality-oriented, naturally-conditioned, artisanal – seeks frothy female 34-42 for effervescent experience.

You – Tall or short, round or lean not an issue. Packaging means little; contents are everything. Nonetheless, preserved packaging and a resealable stopper are considered to enhance quality. Lager or stout, or in between. A spicey spontaneous character, or an austere Bavarian nature is okay. But a bland, middle-of-the-road crowd pleaser would be best to advertise elsewhere. Beer Barbies and booth babes – No! Unaffected refinement and idiosyncratic individuality – Oh, yes!

Me – 6’1”, cheery, active, smiley and slightly flush. Not just a six-pack, but a whole keg…and the tap works just fine. Emphasis on quality over quantity – you’ll want to savour the experience. Often sipped, but never fully appreciated. Sophisticated palate. Will regularly relish your beauty and good taste. But there are some things I share on BarTowel, and some things I do not share on BarTowel. Hobbies include: ale, witbier, pivo, mild, porter, trippel, imperial stout, hand-pump repair, and periodic gourmandizing. Frequent exercise followed by frequent socializing are integral to my lifestyle.

[I’m running out of double entendres. Please someone help me! And no jokes about repeated hand-crafting.]

Asst. Grain Shoveller

Post by Asst. Grain Shoveller »

Good thing you didn't mention the craft hand pull feature. (Sorry could'nt resist;))

DAN-D-MAN

Post by DAN-D-MAN »

Welcome to the forum Asst. Grain Shoveller!

And, thanks again for the Nut Brown on Thursday. It tastes excellent as always.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DAN-D-MAN on 2003-03-29 12:52 ]</font>

BeerKitt'n

Post by BeerKitt'n »

Hey Uncle Bobby, thank you for the warm welcome to The Bar Towel.
I am in fact a chick, a chick who likes her beer. Over the past 8 months I've really been developing a taste for the finer things in life... like GREAT beer. It all started with the introduction to Guiness (I know I know, it's the Labatt of the stout world). But alas, a few Irish car bombs later and I was sold. I have to thank my good friend Scott097 for introducing me to beer that tastes like beer!
hmm... 34-42 eh?? I think I'm a little outta that range... LOL... try 24 , 5'11'', above the shoulder length red hair... dead sexy of course :smile:

cheers,
BeerKitt'n

rabbit

Post by rabbit »

...more likely 5'11", 220lbs., bald and with a huge gut...and should I add, a small member and and a large and drooping sack....

joey_capps
Bar Fly

Post by joey_capps »

On 2003-04-07 21:16, rabbit wrote:
... a small member and and a large and drooping sack....
This is wrong on so many levels. First, BeerKitt'n is female. At least that's how I interpret the word chick.

Or did you just happen to catch your own reflection rabbit?

Joe.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: jcappadocia on 2003-04-08 11:03 ]</font>

DAN-D-MAN

Post by DAN-D-MAN »

I admire you rabbit... It takes a lot of guts, I mean a lot of balls, no, make that a lot of courage to come forward and be proud of who you are. :grin:

BeerKitt'n

Post by BeerKitt'n »

LOL... it seems that there's some confusion as to whether I'm a nasty old man or a hot young female... Well, Joe is right... I'm all lady... I'm sure it's hard for all you guys out there to think a chick can be into beer as much as you guys can be... well, it's true, I love beer.. so bring it on!!!

cheers,
BeerKitt'n

BeerKitt'n

Post by BeerKitt'n »

LOL... it seems that there's some confusion as to whether I'm a nasty old man or a hot young female... Well, Joe is right... I'm all lady... I'm sure it's hard for all you guys out there to think a chick can be into beer as much as you guys can be... well, it's true, I love beer.. so bring it on!!!

cheers,
BeerKitt'n

BeerKitt'n

Post by BeerKitt'n »

bah.. sorry for the double post.

scott097

Post by scott097 »

Rabbit, let me tell you how brave you are, and how much you are my hero for declaring BeerKitt'n a man. It's a shame that anyone such as a macho beer drinker like yourself can be so uncomfortable around a girl. At least you're comfortable calling her bald and over-weight on a forum. Excellent work.

Anyways, I'm backing her up (and thankyou Joe for backing her up as well) since she is a very close personal friend of mine. I suggested this forum to her because she shares the same love for good beer as I do, and I thank you, Rabbit you brave, brave soul, for making her feel comfortable here. Not only is she beautiful, and smart, she's got a mean right hook, and she's not affraid to use it:)

Cheers, to a girl on the Bar Towel! :smile:

Scott

Andicus
Bar Fly

Post by Andicus »

Am I the only one that took Rabbits post as a joke? Playing on the notion that there are supposedly all these weird men in chatrooms pretending they're young attractive girls?

I think even BeerKitt'n suspected Rabbits reply as such, judging by her reply.

Regardless, welcome BeerKitt'n! I hope you find this site as useful and enjoyable as I have.

At the least, you can see that chivalry is alive and well on the Bar Towel. :smile:

Andrew

joey_capps
Bar Fly

Post by joey_capps »

I took Rabbit's post as a joke. Not funny but a joke :wink:.

As for people pretending to be who they are not, I've not had that experience here or on RateBeer. I've met a lot of people who frequent both sites and they've been exactly who they said there are. Anyway, I'll take BeerKitt'n on her word. Hopefully we'll know the truth on May 10.

Cheers, Joe.

BeerKitt'n

Post by BeerKitt'n »

It's all jokes n'est pas? ... some good ol' bantering back and forth... Scott m'dear, i'm so flattered :smile: Rabbit, look at all the commotion you've caused... good work man... LOL !!!
Thanks to all for the warm welcome:)

cheers,
BeerKitt'n

Andicus
Bar Fly

Post by Andicus »

On 2003-04-08 11:09, jcappadocia wrote:
snip..
As for people pretending to be who they are not, I've not had that experience here or on RateBeer. I've met a lot of people who frequent both sites and they've been exactly who they said there are. Anyway, I'll take BeerKitt'n on her word. Hopefully we'll know the truth on May 10.

Cheers, Joe.
I think it happens more on IRC and stuff like that (which I'm not into).

Speaking of the 10th, how are we all going to identify ourselves? Sounds like there's going to be a good turnout.

Andrew