Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Bartowel Mershandise

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Bartowel Mershandise

Post by SteelbackGuy »

I'd love to see some Bartowel.com merchandise.

I talk about the website enough and I pretty much tell all my friends about it. Why not take it to the next level? I'd love to see some T-shirts which match the dark blue of the website with the dark green lettering inside.

Are there any plans for something like this? I think the family here would likely support.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

grub
Seasoned Drinker

Post by grub »

i know cass has done bottle openers, and i think there was talk about other stuff. i still want to see the bartowel bar towel :D

iguenard
Seasoned Drinker

Post by iguenard »

A BarTowel... bar .. towel? I'd buy one!

I'd also buy a website-blue workshirt with the logo in front and the title "Designated Drinker" below it :)

Then again, I am a merchandise whore.

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

bartowel logo tasting glass gets my vote

Tapsucker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Tapsucker »

I'd prefer we saved up for a Bartowel Bar.
Brands are for cattle.
Fans are cash cows.
The herd will consume until consumed.

Brews Phillips

Post by Brews Phillips »

All good ideas. But how about a Bartowel beer? I just put a DdC Decibel in the fridge. It's brewed in celebration of Radio Montreal's 30th anniversary.

Cass, we need a Bartowel Anniversary Ale!

iguenard
Seasoned Drinker

Post by iguenard »

Brews Phillips wrote:All good ideas. But how about a Bartowel beer? I just put a DdC Decibel in the fridge. It's brewed in celebration of Radio Montreal's 30th anniversary.

Cass, we need a Bartowel Anniversary Ale!
As long as its from a good brewery is the lesson learned I'd share here if you do that idea. The gang from Bières et Plaisirs did a series of beers a few years back called the "Plaisirs de...". Barberie, Schoune, Trois Mousquettaires, Au Maître Brasseur were participating at the time. Some turned out better then others, but the end result pleased quite a few people.

As long as the style was new and refreshing. Could be a series of one-offs of beers that these breweries wouldnt dare brew in their regular line-ups... Dunkelweizens, double IPAs, lambics, baltic porters, doppelbocks, alt, and the likes.

If its too much like what people are used to, it wont make as much of an impact.