Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Brandy

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

shrike

Brandy

Post by shrike »

Is there anyone here who's a brandy enthusiast?

I have unearthed a 1972 vintage Trillium brandy from the old Reider distillery in Grimsby. Is this a collectible?

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

shrike wrote:Is there anyone here who's a brandy enthusiast?

I have unearthed a 1972 vintage Trillium brandy from the old Reider distillery in Grimsby. Is this a collectible?

It won't fetch too much cash, but it is certainly collectible. Is it unopened?
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

shrike

Post by shrike »

Yes......forget to mention it is unopened

mintjellie
Seasoned Drinker

Post by mintjellie »

I'm not a brandy enthusiast, but I'm down for some Metaxa once in awhile. I enjoyed the Armagnac de Montal that came through vintages when I tried it as well.

saints_gambit
Bar Fly

Post by saints_gambit »

I sometimes get cold urticaria during the winter, and as such I keep a bottle of emergency brandy around for medicinal purposes.

It doesn't actually do much for the allergy, but if applied liberally, it does take your mind off of the problem.
saintjohnswort.ca

tuqueboy
Bar Fly

Post by tuqueboy »

i'm going to take a wild guess that trillium was/is related to kitling ridge distillery. had some of their alambic xo brandy at my wedding, and it was quite nice. the 72 would be a nice collector's item, but it doesn't age once it's in the bottle (assuming the bottle was never opened at all).

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

tuqueboy wrote:

i'm going to take a wild guess that trillium was/is related to kitling ridge distillery. had some of their alambic xo brandy at my wedding, and it was quite nice. the 72 would be a nice collector's item, but it doesn't age once it's in the bottle (assuming the bottle was never opened at all).

Indeed.

Kittling Ridge does many things, but they only do one or two things well.

Their Sherry, Port, Vodka, Brandy, Icewine Infused Vodka, Icewine & Brandy, and most wines, are very poor. Funnily enough, Mr. Hall makes some of the best Canadian Whisky ever made. Forty Creek and Forty Creek Double Barrel are world class products.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

shrike

Post by shrike »

Actually I misspelled it my first post...its Rieder. It changed its name to Kittling Ridge in 1993. Back in the 70s and 80s they were quite well known for their brandies