Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Bar Towel Beer Trip - UPDATE!

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

DAN-D-MAN

Post by DAN-D-MAN »

Actually, Trafalgar is 30 seconds from BOB, then Cameron's another 30 seconds.

For this reason, I suggest we pop in to Trafalgar real quick, buy a few bottled beers, and jump back in the bus.

They sell by the individual 650ML bottle so this is a great opportunity to try their beer.

If there's enough interest in this and we decide to follow through, I'll give Trafalgar a call ahead of time to ensure they'll be well stocked.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DAN-D-MAN on 2003-04-12 07:35 ]</font>

scott097

Post by scott097 »

If we do go into Trafalgar, I strongly suggest the Abbey Belgian Spice Ale to anyone who's going to buy some bottles, or if we just want to buy some to sample. The Downrigger Double Bock is pretty good too.
Hope we all fit into their brewery!

Scott

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

Yeah, a pit stop at Trafalgar would be great. They have a couple of beers that I've been meaning to try.

Greg

Publican

Post by Publican »

Cass, Does the Bus have a washroom?

Gunny

Post by Gunny »

Publican:
You are the thinking mans' drinker.

Slainte,
Jeff

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Gunny on 2003-04-14 07:58 ]</font>

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Alas, it does not. In the interests of cost, we went with the "Magic Bus", which some have probably seen on the streets before - a school bus painted in psychedelic colours. However, they specialize in pub crawls, so they should be a good fit for us :smile:

rabbit

Post by rabbit »

Why is an Oakville-based microbrewery selling Belgian beer? Do they bring it in from Belgium in bottle or in bulk?

rabbit

Post by rabbit »

....under which Abbey's license is the beer produced?

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Let's stay on topic please (at least in this thread!) It's well known as being misnamed.

Start a new thread or see

http://www.bartowel.com/board/viewtopic ... 07&forum=2

BeerKitt'n

Post by BeerKitt'n »

I'm very very happy that the Trafalgar brewery has been added to the list, I really like all the beer that comes outta there, so guess who's going shopping!!!

cheers,
BeerKitt'n

Auburntramp

Post by Auburntramp »

Hey Cass, Dan-D-man and Jcappaonna, Maudite and all the other beer peoples who worship this site.

Finally made it to the threshhold of the technology of the nineties and set up the internet at home.

I have lots of good stories to share with you guys and your beer junky friends. None of which I have the attention to start in this post, don't want to overstate my grand entrance.

So let's keep this at "Hi" and a "I think it's cool that Jason (Auburn Ale) and Cass to getting this trip off the ground."

I'll be on the bus with you guys, trapped like lab rats in a cage, with no bathroom.

Oh and everywhere I go, every beer rep/guru/beergeek is talking about this site, so keep up the good work guys!

Asst. Grain Shoveller

Post by Asst. Grain Shoveller »

Hi Ya'll
It will be great to have everyone visit and sample some beers. I wonder if it should be a BYOBS (Bring Your Own Bendy Straw) event.
I'm thinking about charging for access to the BOB Bathroom, after all I just power washed it to make it presentable. Should I get those little Scented soaps? (I'm sliding down the evil business mans slope). When the bus doesn't come equiped there's always an opportunity, just stay out of my shrubs at the front.
In all seriousness I look forward to having a swarm of beer afficianado's (read: dedicated beer geeks) descend on BOB. Is there an approximate time frame as to when the horde will arrive at BOB? I just need to know so that I can plan to close the store and join all you people on your beer pilgrimage, (I'll have a bendy straw in hand, perhaps we should start working on a "Bendy Straw Lite" as a new product?)

joey_capps
Bar Fly

Post by joey_capps »

We definitely have to squeeze a beer or two in at Chesters on the tenth. Doug and I went there last night after the Judge's Beerfest and they had some really interesting stuff--trust me--and really decent prices.

Joe.

DAN-D-MAN

Post by DAN-D-MAN »

I spoke to George at Trafalgar who assures me they will be well stocked for our arrival.