Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Rochester Beer Store?

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

D Derry

Rochester Beer Store?

Post by D Derry »

Can anyone tell me of a good store to buy beer in Rochester? I'm heading down to see Bob Dylan on Saturday and sure would like to pick up some US micobrew treats while I'm over there. Thanks.

Pub Style
Bar Fly

Post by Pub Style »

Beers of the World is a must.

phirleh
Seasoned Drinker

Post by phirleh »

I've heard Beers of The World is great but some stock may be a little old and also the Wegmans is supposed to be really good
Malam cerevisiam facieus in cathedram stercoris

"God don't want me yet, man, I got more feet to taste."
photos - http://www.flickr.com/photos/phirleh/se ... 039468171/

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

D Derry wrote:Can anyone tell me of a good store to buy beer in Rochester? I'm heading down to see Bob Dylan on Saturday and sure would like to pick up some US micobrew treats while I'm over there. Thanks.
I assume you have already done the Buffalo scene (I ask since you will be passing through en route to Rochester)?

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

Beers of the World as others have mentioned. They've opened their second store nearby in an old supermarket. We haven't been to that one yet as it wasn't opened during our visit this past August.

If you're looking for a place to eat I suggest Dinosaur BBQ. The BBQ and the beer selection is good. The place gets busy though.
lister

phirleh
Seasoned Drinker

Post by phirleh »

D Derry wrote:I'm heading down to see Bob Dylan on Saturday
Keep an eye out on the street for Bob Dylan, he's been known to walk through neighbourhoods, wet and disheveled, pondering real estate purchases.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/jersey-homeow ... id=8331830
Malam cerevisiam facieus in cathedram stercoris

"God don't want me yet, man, I got more feet to taste."
photos - http://www.flickr.com/photos/phirleh/se ... 039468171/

cfrancis
Bar Fly

Post by cfrancis »

As other have said Beers of the World is the place in Rochester.

Ask for Zach and tell him I sent you.

Yapper

Post by Yapper »

Dinosaur BBQ is a must, good tap line up with better BBQ. Beers of the World has the best variety i have ever seen, just keep your eyes on bottle dating as mentioned above.
If you have time shoot about 5 mins south of the I-90 just outside rochester and give Custom Brew Crafters a visit. They have roughly 40 taps in there standing salesroom/bar, $4 for 6 4oz. samples, then $2 off a growler fill with sample card (kids get free craft sodas).

D Derry

Post by D Derry »

Thanks a lot everyone. I think my trip is going to be quite a success thanks to these suggestions (as if Bob alone isn't already a guarantee of that!).

Al of Kingston

Post by Al of Kingston »

Wegmans. BotW is amazing but go to Wegmans, too.

iguenard
Seasoned Drinker

Post by iguenard »

Screw Dino BBQ.... head down to MacGregor's Bar and Grill on Jefferson Road... 225 beers on tap! Last time I went they had goose island bourbon county stout 2009 on tap... plus food is quite cheap and good