Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Nutcracker Porter now Bottled and available at the brewery

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Asst. Grain Shoveller

Nutcracker Porter now Bottled and available at the brewery

Post by Asst. Grain Shoveller »

Hi All Y'all

We've just bottled up the Nutcracker Porter.
Bottles are only available at the retail store.

6-Pack $12.75
12-Pack $26.00
24-Pack $50.00

Normal retail hours are Mon-Sat 10-4
(Sometimes we have to close early for deliveries or hunting for parts)

Kegs and casks should be making their appearance in the gooder bars!!!

Cheers
Ken

PS: Oddly enough we still have bottles of 10 Bitter Years left...Looks like no one is interested in that beer anymore. I guess everyone has moved onto the next bright shiny object...

Cale
Bar Fly

Post by Cale »

Hey, I'm the one who emailed you earlier in the week about bottles of 10BY - I may get easily distracted by shiny objects but I still plan on coming by! Today in fact, just haven't had the opportunity until now. Looking forward to trying the porter for the first time.

Streets

Post by Streets »

I was just going to say, I'd love some bottles of 10by as well, but for some reason I thought you guys were in Oakville. Not sure I'll be able to make it out to Etobicoke this weekend. :(

EDIT: Now I know why. Google lies!
Black Oak Brewing CompanyMicrobrewer in Oakville, Ontario. Personnel and company profiles, retailer list.

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Other than hockey starting, the only thing I look forward to for the start of winter is the Nutcracker Porter. Mmmmmmm.
lister

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

Asst. Grain Shoveller wrote: PS: Oddly enough we still have bottles of 10 Bitter Years left...Looks like no one is interested in that beer anymore. I guess everyone has moved onto the next bright shiny object...
I'm surprised at that too. Unfortunately with the limitation of only being able to sell this gem at the brewery, a lot of people would love a case can't get their hands on it.

Anyone who hasn't picked this one up yet and is local, I highly recommend making a trip to the brewery. It is well worth it.

velovampire
Seasoned Drinker

Post by velovampire »

I'll be out next Saturday, Ken. Looking forward to a case of Nutcracker and hopefully some 10BY!

Cale
Bar Fly

Post by Cale »

Just make sure to call ahead!

Ended up going a couple hours or so after Ken made that post and found they were closed for deliveries :( I wasn't about to go home empty handed so I went down the street to grab some coffee for a bit. The "closed" sign was still there upon our return, however my girlfriend managed to spot and startle a fellow named Simon (I hope this is correct) who graciously hooked us up with some 10BY and Nutcracker Porter, and gave us a tour as well. Much appreciated!

Streets - if only I saw your message in time I might've been able to grab you some, although we weren't able to get much ourselves as we could only pay with cash and didnt have a lot on us.

I had a bottle of the porter last night, and while it may have been a touch more carbonated than I would like (which mellowed out as it warmed up) - it tasted amazing! I'll certainly be coming back to this stuff each year.

P.S. Loved how the 10BY came in OCB discovery packs - why can't the real things be like this??