Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Setanta

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Beermat

Setanta

Post by Beermat »

Yikes! Brighton and Hove Albion are on TV this afternoon -- a very rare event. Anyone know decent pubs in Toronto with Setanta access? Fortunately I don't think there's a lot of competition on Tuesday afternoon, mostly poker and fishing. Some might argue those are still more interesting than Brighton at Woking, but still...

Torontoblue
Beer Superstar

Post by Torontoblue »

Scallywags will be showing it; they may even put the sound on for you if Jeff or Rick are working.

Not too sure if Betty's has Setanta.

Beermat

Post by Beermat »

Thanks, Sid. I wound up going to the Rovers Bar on Bloor Street as it was close to home. I was able to down some Leffes at my booth while watching the game, such as it was, on my own TV screen. I looked up at one point and saw two guys actually watching poker at the bar. Garthicus pointed out that Ceili Cottage has Setanta, but by then it would have been tough to get there in time. A bit pathetic that it took my lot 3 1/2 hours plus penalty kicks to get past Woking FC, but that's the magic of the Cup for you.

Torontoblue
Beer Superstar

Post by Torontoblue »

Beermat wrote:Thanks, Sid. I wound up going to the Rovers Bar on Bloor Street as it was close to home. I was able to down some Leffes at my booth while watching the game, such as it was, on my own TV screen. I looked up at one point and saw two guys actually watching poker at the bar. Garthicus pointed out that Ceili Cottage has Setanta, but by then it would have been tough to get there in time. A bit pathetic that it took my lot 3 1/2 hours plus penalty kicks to get past Woking FC, but that's the magic of the Cup for you.
Your next round game will also definitely be on TV too, FC United of Manchester. They are the darlings of the Cup at the moment.

Beermat

Post by Beermat »

Apparently not. They've already picked the TV games for the second round, though if we go to another replay who knows?