Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Where can I store my beer?

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Number8

Where can I store my beer?

Post by Number8 »

I have several Jacobite Ales, Aventinus Eisbocks, and a sixer of Southern Tier IPA that will not be opened until the 25th. I purchased all of these on Thursday morning and they were cold when I stored them since they were in the trunk on the ride back home.

My fruit cellar is a no go since I am sure these beers would freeze so I decided to place them in a cupboard located in my basement. The house is constantly at around 18 - 20 degrees celsius (reading from the main floor) so I can safely say that it may just be at the most a couple of degrees cooler in it's location.

I really have nowhere else to place them and do not want to store them in the fridge since my past experiences of storing strong beer in there for one or two days have not been successful. Basically a significant decrease in the carbonation.

Any insights or opinions is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

markaberrant
Seasoned Drinker

Post by markaberrant »

There is no way your beer lost carbonation by putting them in the fridge. As Charlie Papazian would say, relax, don't worry, have a (home)brew.

John Aitken

Post by John Aitken »

What a dumb ass post!!!

Number8

Post by Number8 »

meh. You got to start somewhere right? I'll admit that I do not know much at all about storing beer since I have never ever aged any bottles or brewed anything on my own.

No fucks given about my so called dumb ass post. At least I don't post a pic of myself in my avatar showing off my bare chest for the sausage fest here, old man. Getting some douche chills from that. Yeesh.

John Aitken

Post by John Aitken »

Hmm, I thought I was quite handsome in that picture!!

John Aitken

Post by John Aitken »

Now thats a nice picture. And you won't have to get all excited about my chest!!

Number8

Post by Number8 »

You don't use enough exclamation points for your wicked dumb posts and you are also not fat enough.

detritus
Bar Fly

Post by detritus »

Seriously? You've never bought beer for consumption two or three days later before?

Put it wherever you like. We're talking two days here, not long-term aging. Unless you're gonna store it in the oven (switched on), you're not going to do any damage in that short a time.

Bobsy
Beer Superstar

Post by Bobsy »

The cupboard in your basement will do the job just fine, and you could keep beers like the aventinus and jacobite down there for years. I use a similar set-up for all my long-term storage. As for the Southern Tier, you should notice no difference putting them in the fridge.

Lackey

Post by Lackey »

LOL

John Aitken

Post by John Aitken »

Yes I Do!!!!!! And Yes I am!!! Merry Christmas!!!

Torontoblue
Beer Superstar

Post by Torontoblue »

I think John Aitken & Number8 are either one and the same person, or locked in a serious affair :wink:

Or just trying to get their post count up.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Torontoblue wrote:I think John Aitken & Number8 are either one and the same person, or locked in a serious affair :wink:

Or just trying to get their post count up.
I have to watch Steelback these days. Bastard is gaining on me! :lol:
In Beerum Veritas

John Aitken

Post by John Aitken »

QUOTE:

Number8

Posted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:01 am Post subject:
Now now, suckapie. I'm just looking for some recommendations and I appreciate the responses so far.

So get the fuck out of this thread unless you have recs, BUT I really don't think that is a good idea since your username is STEELBACKGUY and you have a fucking weeaboo avatar.

Go watch some beyblade, drink some of your fantastic brews with Frank D'Angelo's one dimensional sounds of Jazz playing in the background and call it a life.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Number 8 still owes Steelback an apology!!!! Then we can welcome him aboard and start responding to his posts with educational answers!!