Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Scotch Irish Beers

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

PRMason
Bar Fly

Scotch Irish Beers

Post by PRMason »

Hello folks, it's your old pal Perry. I was in Germany enjoying the worst European winter in 50 years when the Heritage sale went down. I hope Ron and Donna enjoy their retirement. I also hope that the S-I brands that they own will continue to be brewed, even though that I have no financial interest in it. But I do desperately hope that the beers return to their former glory. I spent a lot of time, money, blood and sweat creating those recipes and the beers that come from them. They are, at least for now, my legacy in the Ontario craft beer market. I am proud of what I had created and I hope to be proud of them again someday. Please keep pushing for better beer, especially from Ontario breweries. Have a safe, prosperous and very HOPPY new year!

Your friend in beer,
Perry Mason
"Every day above ground is a good one."

ErkLR

Post by ErkLR »

PRMason wrote:But I do desperately hope that the beers return to their former glory.
I'll drink to that. In fact, I just did.

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Nice to hear from you Perry. I still remember the days when I drank many a pint o' your beer fresh at the Judge, on a weekly basis. Hope you brew again soon!
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

Tapsucker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Tapsucker »

I just had a John By on tap at Volo tonight and was thinking of the good ol' days.

Thanks Perry for the legacy of the recipes. I have a feeling the Kichesippi folks have some ambitions of building a great brewery. I don't know this for sure, but they talk the talk and if they pull it off and build a platform for SI, or at least a good contract facility, then it's good news all around!
Brands are for cattle.
Fans are cash cows.
The herd will consume until consumed.