Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

spin-off from 2010 predictions: how much 10BY is left?

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

matt7215
Beer Superstar

spin-off from 2010 predictions: how much 10BY is left?

Post by matt7215 »

how many 6ers is ken still trying to move?

any kegs left?

who wants some?

cfrancis
Bar Fly

Post by cfrancis »

I'd love some, but have no way of getting it in Ottawa.

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

cfrancis wrote:I'd love some, but have no way of getting it in Ottawa.
not nessessarily true, but lets wait until the first 2 questions are answered

Torontoblue
Beer Superstar

Post by Torontoblue »

matt7215 wrote:how many 6ers is ken still trying to move?

any kegs left?

who wants some?
Why not go direct to the source, ask them the question, then come back and start a thread?

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

Torontoblue wrote:

any kegs left?

who wants some?
Why not go direct to the source, ask them the question, then come back and start a thread?
by "go to the source" do you mean drive to black oak? i cant do that because im at work.

are you suggesting calling the brewery? well im sure they are quite busy and wouldnt want to bother answering a silly little question about one of their seasonals + they might be out on delivery.

so im going with the tried and true method of internet forum post. im sure we'll get the answer soon enough.

Torontoblue
Beer Superstar

Post by Torontoblue »

matt7215 wrote:
Torontoblue wrote:

any kegs left?

who wants some?
by "go to the source" do you mean drive to black oak? i cant do that because im at work.

are you suggesting calling the brewery? well im sure they are quite busy and wouldnt want to bother answering a silly little question about one of their seasonals + they might be out on delivery.

so im going with the tried and true method of internet forum post. im sure we'll get the answer soon enough.
Well, as we all know Ken posts on here as Asst. Grain Shoveller; just PM him. Easy peasy. And no speculation.

JesseM
Seasoned Drinker

Post by JesseM »

Torontoblue wrote:
matt7215 wrote:
Torontoblue wrote: Why not go direct to the source, ask them the question, then come back and start a thread?

Well, as we all know Ken posts on here as Asst. Grain Shoveller; just PM him. Easy peasy. And no speculation.
Or he could just respond to Matt's post. FTW!

kmallett

Post by kmallett »

I live right by the brewery, but with their hours of only open until 4pm I can only get there on Saturdays. Could drop by there this Saturday but my roommate picked up a case a week ago, so we still have plenty ;)

Torontoblue
Beer Superstar

Post by Torontoblue »

JesseM wrote:
Torontoblue wrote:
matt7215 wrote: by "go to the source" do you mean drive to black oak? i cant do that because im at work.

Or he could just respond to Matt's post. FTW!
Still not as direct as going straight to the source. I guess I just like to use common sense in this scenario :wink:

JesseM
Seasoned Drinker

Post by JesseM »

Torontoblue wrote: Still not as direct as going straight to the source. I guess I just like to use common sense in this scenario :wink:
Common sense? Sorry 'blue, not allowed. :evil:

I doubt that Ken could answer Matt's 3rd question though...

Torontoblue
Beer Superstar

Post by Torontoblue »

JesseM wrote:
Torontoblue wrote: Still not as direct as going straight to the source. I guess I just like to use common sense in this scenario :wink:
Common sense? Sorry 'blue, not allowed. :evil:
I apologise; I forgot where I was :wink:

Asst. Grain Shoveller

Post by Asst. Grain Shoveller »

Yes we have a limited amount of 10BY left only in Bottles.

About 5 24's worth.

We are planning another batch of 10BY just trying to figure out when a tank will be available for that amount of time.

At that time there will be "Bottles, Kegs & Casks" (oh-my).

Surprised and a bit disappointed that the bottles lasted so long for this third batch of 10BY...perhaps the local market is saturated for this type of beer

cheers
ken

kwjd

Post by kwjd »

I actually assumed after I wasn't able to get to the brewery within a few weeks that it had all sold out. Until I saw this thread I had no idea that any was left!

detritus
Bar Fly

Post by detritus »

Asst. Grain Shoveller wrote:Surprised and a bit disappointed that the bottles lasted so long for this third batch of 10BY...perhaps the local market is saturated for this type of beer
I think that's probably true, using the "can access the brewery during business hours" definition of "local".

Getting wider distribution for bottles of this beer would probably help a lot. As would slightly longer and more reliable hours at the on-site store. I've been burned a few times when I've tried to swing by the brewery on a Saturday and it's been closed (I usually call first, but sometimes I forget).

-Josh

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

i think the 3 posts previous to this one sum up the reason for the thread. it can now be locked and archived