Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

What Ontario brewers have you not sampled?

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

matt7215 wrote:
SteelbackGuy wrote:Cheetah is just a brand from Cool, so I don't think it is an additional brewery.
i was just going by ratebeer listings, they are listed as a brewery on ratebeer.
While Cheetah beers are brewed at Cool, the company/brand is owned by someone else. So it's a contact situation, like Denison's, St. Andre, Wolfgang's/Skeena, etc.

velovampire
Seasoned Drinker

Post by velovampire »

GregClow wrote:
matt7215 wrote:
SteelbackGuy wrote:Cheetah is just a brand from Cool, so I don't think it is an additional brewery.
i was just going by ratebeer listings, they are listed as a brewery on ratebeer.
While Cheetah beers are brewed at Cool, the company/brand is owned by someone else. So it's a contact situation, like Denison's, St. Andre, Wolfgang's/Skeena, etc.
I've often wondered then why St. Andre and Cheshire Valley don't have their own separate listings on RB, and are lumped in with the brewery at which they contract brew, whereas Cheetah, Denison's, Wolfgang's, etc. get their own listing? Maddening inconsistency. Can anyone clarify this?

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

velovampire wrote:
GregClow wrote:
matt7215 wrote: i was just going by ratebeer listings, they are listed as a brewery on ratebeer.
I've often wondered then why St. Andre and Cheshire Valley don't have their own separate listings on RB, and are lumped in with the brewery at which they contract brew, whereas Cheetah, Denison's, Wolfgang's, etc. get their own listing? Maddening inconsistency. Can anyone clarify this?
Cheshire Valley should be split out from Black Oak

is St. Andre its own company? where do they brew?

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

FWIW Cheshire Valley now has its own page and is recognized as a brewer on RB

velovampire
Seasoned Drinker

Post by velovampire »

matt7215 wrote:is St. Andre its own company? where do they brew?
Pretty sure St. Andre is its own company (owned by Doug Pengelly) and not merely a brand. The Vienna is brewed at Cool, but older beers have been brewed elsewhere. Not sure where Doug brews his one off casks for Cask Days, maybe at home.

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

velovampire wrote:
matt7215 wrote:is St. Andre its own company? where do they brew?
Pretty sure St. Andre is its own company (owned by Doug Pengelly) and not merely a brand. The Vienna is brewed at Cool, but older beers have been brewed elsewhere. Not sure where Doug brews his one off casks for Cask Days, maybe at home.
assuming st andre is its own company it should have its own page.

they have listings under Cool and Stratford. if someone is willing figure out whats current and where it is brewed, i can send in the info and get them listed properly.