Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

BogFather

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Queef

BogFather

Post by Queef »

it's beer o'clock.

notdan

Post by notdan »

Want. Shitty that I won't be back in Ottawa until April.

Cagiva650

Post by Cagiva650 »

I lucked out! I was planning to be in the Ottawa area next week. Beau's was on the agenda for Wednesday. Now I will change that to Thursday!

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

Looks amazing! Beau's needs to find a way to get their great beer across the whole province.

nickelass
Bar Fly

Post by nickelass »

If anyone in the Ottawa area is planning on picking some up, let me know. I'll be in town around the 18th and will happily pick it up from someone!
"You wanna talk some jive? I'll talk some jive. I'll talk some jive like you've never heard!"

JK

Post by JK »

Have the day off tomorrow, so off to Beau's and some Bog Father it is. Not a bad drive from Belleville, just really boring. Make the loop to Cornwall than up to the 417 over to Van KleeK, double back to Ottawa, over to Marche Jovie, La Trappe du Frommage for some good stuff then over to Carp for the Chesire Cat for lunch. Then take 7 back to 35 and you got a pleasant beer day.

LondonBeer

Post by LondonBeer »

In ottawa for the weekend so that works out perfect

cfrancis
Bar Fly

Post by cfrancis »

LondonBeer wrote:In ottawa for the weekend so that works out perfect
Just so you know. Beau's is about a 45min - 1 hour drive east of Ottawa. Depending where you are driving from in Ottawa.

It's a bit of an excursion from Ottawa.

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

For those in Toronto, it's likely that a pin of Bog-Father will be available at this month's CASK! Social on Saturday afternoon at Burger Bar.

cfrancis
Bar Fly

Post by cfrancis »

I just scored a 4 pack! Sweet!

LondonBeer

Post by LondonBeer »

cfrancis wrote:
LondonBeer wrote:In ottawa for the weekend so that works out perfect
Just so you know. Beau's is about a 45min - 1 hour drive east of Ottawa. Depending where you are driving from in Ottawa.

It's a bit of an excursion from Ottawa.
Thanks. I googled it, looks like it will make a good crop tour.

JK

Post by JK »

Well made the trip over to the brewery today and this beer made the 600 km drive completely worth it. It is very unlike anything I have ever had. Anyone on the fence about picking some up should just go and do it, this is very good stuff. Glad we picked up 12 of them.

Cagiva650

Post by Cagiva650 »

I'll bet I have the only six in Newfoundland! :D Had great time in Vankleek Hill yesterday. A good tour of Beau's, and a nice lunch (with Bogwater) at the Blueberry Hill Bistro.
The Bog Father is very good!

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=6 ... c53b3942a1

Bytowner
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Bytowner »

Thanks for the pictures Cagiva. Loving the artwork, did you buy that poster or is it just from the brewey? Because I want it.

Cagiva650

Post by Cagiva650 »

Bytowner wrote:Thanks for the pictures Cagiva. Loving the artwork, did you buy that poster or is it just from the brewey? Because I want it.
The Bog Father poster was given to me at the brewery. I asked if I could have one, they took that off of the wall and gave it to me. Nice people at Beau's :) It is only 5.5 inch x 8.5 inch, but I like it.