Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

We won! Unibroue to resurrect Terrible

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

iguenard
Seasoned Drinker

We won! Unibroue to resurrect Terrible

Post by iguenard »

As seen on our website... surprised the news didnt pick up here.

http://www.bieresetplaisirs.com/blog/bl ... p?Blog=180

Oh baby! Its a limited QC release, but a good sign nonetheless!

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

iguenard wrote:As seen on our website... surprised the news didnt pick up here.

http://www.bieresetplaisirs.com/blog/bl ... p?Blog=180

Oh baby! Its a limited QC release, but a good sign nonetheless!
Thanks for posting this. One of my favourites.
By the way, that link you posted contains a bunch of funny words I don't understand........ :lol: :lol: :P
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

phirleh
Seasoned Drinker

Post by phirleh »

I have a bottle in the cellar I picked up in New York.

Here's the article in another language:

Each year at the World Beer Unibroue team meets and enjoys the festival to meet with professionals from beer, and a few privileged customers and friends. A real pleasure to open vintage bottles and discuss the choice of cheese goes best with beer.

At each meeting, I want also to put the question that every lover of beer for some time now arises: Where did the Terrible and when she returns? My insistence (sympathetic, but reasoned) meant that every meeting I was entitled to an answer before I ask the question ... It became a running gag. Especially since many fans showed the same desire ...

For those who do not know that beer is a flagship of the brewery for many years. A strong brown to dark reflection that reveals a powerful nose and a beautiful body. I do not hide it, I love this beer. And I am happy to remind people of Unibroue, taking smile.

You could say Unibroue dedicated solely to the U.S. market, they sold their souls to the highest bidder and they have tricked the Quebec ... I dedicate myself to believe that they have always listened to Quebec consumers, but there are imperatives of production and marketing that ensure that the product left Quebec a few years ago.

After a slow return on some festivals in 2009 and 2010, Unibroue has decided to offer fans of Quebec as of late January on several outlets. Now, you need to show them that we were right: You were waiting impatiently this beer!
Malam cerevisiam facieus in cathedram stercoris

"God don't want me yet, man, I got more feet to taste."
photos - http://www.flickr.com/photos/phirleh/se ... 039468171/

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

This is a great beer.
I have one saved and haven't dared touch it for a few years. Happy to see it return!

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

Was in Buffalo on the weekend and Village Beer Merchant had La Terrible on tap, available for purchase in Growlers. It, along with one other beer weere $25/fill. I had too much other stuff to grab any...but was shockedto see it.
They said it was only the 2nd Unibroue keg they've ever received.

cirrosis

Post by cirrosis »

is it going to be made in Guelph with the other Unibroue's?
if you need me i'll be in the fifth circle of hell

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

cirrosis wrote:is it going to be made in Guelph with the other Unibroue's?
I believe ALL Unibroue beers are made in Chambly, Quebec before they ship them all off to the USA.

For interest, Unibroue are entirely non-GMO, and I believe all Sleeman-branded beers use Genetically Modified ingredients. Check it out!
In Beerum Veritas

iguenard
Seasoned Drinker

Post by iguenard »

Belgian wrote:
cirrosis wrote:is it going to be made in Guelph with the other Unibroue's?
I believe ALL Unibroue beers are made in Chambly, Quebec before they ship them all off to the USA.

For interest, Unibroue are entirely non-GMO, and I believe all Sleeman-branded beers use Genetically Modified ingredients. Check it out!
They have a registered office in VT (unibrew), I believe they also brew in the US. Good question though, I'll follow-up on that.

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

I was also curious about this and the brewery confirmed that all Unibroue beers are brewed in Chambly only. This was April '10 so I presume nothing's changed.

phirleh
Seasoned Drinker

Post by phirleh »

I saw on Broue Ha Ha's facebook page

ÇA Y EST, LA TERRIBLE EST ARRIVÉE !
THAT'S IT, THE TERRIBLE IS ARRIVED ! No limit per person, as long as there will be some.

For you lucky folks in the Ottawa area.
Malam cerevisiam facieus in cathedram stercoris

"God don't want me yet, man, I got more feet to taste."
photos - http://www.flickr.com/photos/phirleh/se ... 039468171/

cfrancis
Bar Fly

Post by cfrancis »

I'll be heading over tomorrow at lunch probably to pick up a couple.

tuqueboy
Bar Fly

Post by tuqueboy »

Cass wrote:I was also curious about this and the brewery confirmed that all Unibroue beers are brewed in Chambly only. This was April '10 so I presume nothing's changed.
Definitely Chambly only. If anything, they'd move their other production outta Chambly to make room for more unibroue there. only about half the capacity at chambly is being used for chambly. much of rest is sleeman for quebec market.

cirrosis

Post by cirrosis »

i heard from a Sleeman employee that they were producing the big sellers in Guelph, as they don't have the capacity in Chambly to produce what is being sold these days.
if you need me i'll be in the fifth circle of hell

mistermurphy

Post by mistermurphy »

I went on a tour of sleeman not to long ago and I'm pretty sure they make some unibroue beers there. Also, this year at the Canadian Brewing Awards a sleeman representative was picking up the unibroue awards....

Also, I don't think GMO barley even exists in the Canadian brewing industry. Sure, they're always cross breeding new varieties to create strains that are disease resistant, but nothing GMO. At the most, the big guys may buy exoenzymes for help during the mash conversion, but it's not so uncommon.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

mistermurphy wrote:
Also, I don't think GMO barley even exists in the Canadian brewing industry.
I dunno, there was a well put together Fact Card at health food stores a few years back that clearly stated exactly what I said earlier - Sleeman beers contain GMO ingredients.

In some markets (USA?) Unibroue is prohibited from even MENTIONING its use of natural non-GMO ingredients - this probably demonstrates how widespread GMO ingredients already may be in food products now (which is really the point - in parts of Europe the food producers cannot get away with this sneaky non-labeling of GMO's shenanigan. They must label it GMO!)

A mess that is far from being sorted out. By the way I think the only foods we KNOW are non-GMO in Ontario are those that are certified organic (organic labeling prohibits the use of Genetically Modified Organisms.) Other than that I think we can be unwittingly fed any number of Frankenfood ingredients.
In Beerum Veritas