Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Falling asleep with a beer

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

What do you do with beer from "the night before"?

Poll ended at Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:28 pm

I drink it right away! "Breakfast club" style.
23%
I re-cover it and drink it later.
23%
I just drain pour it.
54%

Total votes: 26

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Falling asleep with a beer

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Ahhhh, one of the great mysteries in life.

I often fall asleep with a half beer in a glass, or a bottle, only to wake up to look at it and think........when did I open that? Ahh the life of the party.

Anyway, I'm not the only beer lover to over imbibe and fall asleep, so what is the consensus? What do you do, if you are having a beer and fall asleep with 3/4 of a glass of Imperial Stout, only to find it when you wake up in the morning?

Poll away!

Len
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

phirleh
Seasoned Drinker

Post by phirleh »

I always wake up at 3 in the morning for some reason, so it's not technically "breakfast", but on the other hand, you don't want to pop open a Dark Lord at 12:00 at night. But damn, I know the feeling.
Malam cerevisiam facieus in cathedram stercoris

"God don't want me yet, man, I got more feet to taste."
photos - http://www.flickr.com/photos/phirleh/se ... 039468171/

notdan

Post by notdan »

Thankfully I can usually resist opening a fancy beer at the end of the night, so if I DO happen to wake up in the morning to a half-full beer, odds are it won't be anything special. So down the sink it goes.

Torontoblue
Beer Superstar

Post by Torontoblue »

Never fallen asleep with beer left in an open glass, bottle, can or any other receptacle.....that's just plain wrong. And a wast of the good stuff.

Drink It Up, you Tart!!!!!! :wink:

The_Jester
Bar Fly

Post by The_Jester »

Torontoblue wrote:Never fallen asleep with beer left in an open glass, bottle, can or any other receptacle.....that's just plain wrong. And a wast of the good stuff.

Ditto. I'll sleep when I'm dead!
"The time for delay is over, we need to address the threat of climate change activism immediately if we hope to protect the future prosperity of our children’s employers." Scott Vrooman

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Torontoblue wrote:Never fallen asleep with beer left in an open glass, bottle, can or any other receptacle.....that's just plain wrong. And a wast of the good stuff.

Looks like I need to ship up!! :D :D
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

saints_gambit
Bar Fly

Post by saints_gambit »

SteelbackGuy wrote:

Looks like I need to ship up!! :D :D
Or shape out.
saintjohnswort.ca

cfrancis
Bar Fly

Post by cfrancis »

If I have to I'll chug it before falling asleep.

Just makes the sleep afterwards that much better!

cratez
Beer Superstar

Post by cratez »

Drain pour for me. Unfortunately this has happened with some very good brews before, most recently Celebration Ale. :oops:

I'm consoled by the fact that I usually put a stopper on the bottle if I'm feeling tired at the time of pouring or shortly thereafter. Kudos to anyone who can pull off a "breakfast club" chug with an impy stout and still have a functional morning at work! :lol:
Last edited by cratez on Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

Often will cover and consume later if its a rich style or else use for cooking. If its a pale or such, well then its probably chugged.
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Just for the record, I'm in the Cover it up and use it later camp. Usually I'll throw it in the fridge and drink it that night. In some cases, if it is a porter or stout, and it is a bit too flat, I use it for cooking, adding it to burger meat or some such thing.

I will admit though, I've done the breakfast club thing too.......a few times!

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

I often fall asleep with a half beer in a glass, or a bottle...
It has happened, but I would rather just do less of this! Bad for proper night rest.
In Beerum Veritas

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Belgian wrote:
I often fall asleep with a half beer in a glass, or a bottle...
It has happened, but I would rather just do less of this! Bad for proper night rest.

In a perfect world,of course this is the case. But I wasn't asking that.

Tapsucker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Tapsucker »

Never happens to me. My brain just won't settle down enough to sleep knowing that there's a beer in front of me!
Brands are for cattle.
Fans are cash cows.
The herd will consume until consumed.

Lackey

Post by Lackey »

Dozed off last night with an almost full glass of Bell's The Oracle. Ouch.