Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Trip to Hamilton, St. Catherines, Waterloo, Cambridge

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Trip to Hamilton, St. Catherines, Waterloo, Cambridge

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Cratez and I are coming into these areas this upcoming weekend for some serious beer drinking.
So just a note to any 'towellers that want to meet up, we will be hitting up The Winking Judge, Chesters, Merchant Ale House, and The Kick Off and probably Grand River Brewing, this coming weekend. We'll also likely be flying out to Sub Saharan Africa as well. So, if you want to meet up, shoot one of us a PM and we will arrange.

Len
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

phirleh
Seasoned Drinker

Post by phirleh »

SteelbackGuy wrote:We'll also likely be flying out to Sub Saharan Africa as well.
Burkina Faso and Burundi are gorgeous this time of year, in fact the Burundi Beer Council's slogan this year is "Please Send Beer" (shamelessly stolen from The Onion)

Are you going to the IPA tasting at Grand River on Tuesday?
Malam cerevisiam facieus in cathedram stercoris

"God don't want me yet, man, I got more feet to taste."
photos - http://www.flickr.com/photos/phirleh/se ... 039468171/

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

phirleh wrote:
SteelbackGuy wrote:We'll also likely be flying out to Sub Saharan Africa as well.
Burkina Faso and Burundi are gorgeous this time of year, in fact the Burundi Beer Council's slogan this year is "Please Send Beer" (shamelessly stolen from The Onion)

Are you going to the IPA tasting at Grand River on Tuesday?
No, I don't think so.

I think out plan is to hit the Judge and Chesters on Saturday night, Merchant Ale house on Sunday night, and then we will head to The Kick off and finally GRB on Monday, probably lunchtime at Kick off, and early afternoon at GRB. That said, we could be convinced to switch nights with our Saturday/Sunday plans if certain folks can only meet at certain times.

Jesse M, atre you still in school? Ditch class to meet us for beer!
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

JK

Post by JK »

I think out plan is to hit the Judge and Chesters on Saturday night, Merchant Ale house on Sunday night, and then we will head to The Kick off and finally GRB on Monday, probably lunchtime at Kick off, and early afternoon at GRB. That said, we could be convinced to switch nights with our Saturday/Sunday plans if certain folks can only meet at certain times.

I think that you may have to switch your Merch day as I am 99 % sure it is closed on Sundays.

*edit more info below*
Last edited by JK on Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:20 am, edited 2 times in total.

JK

Post by JK »

The Merchant Ale house is only open on Sunday nights if a band is playing. You may want to give them a call ahead before you go to see if they will be open. Merch Contact. It would be a shame if you miss the place because they are closed when you arrive. That said they have awesome draught and cask beer with a great mix of pub food. Too bad I have to work this weekend otherwise I would be up to joining in the fun.

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

Ill see you guys Monday at GRB!

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

JK wrote:The Merchant Ale house is only open on Sunday nights if a band is playing. You may want to give them a call ahead before you go to see if they will be open. Merch Contact. It would be a shame if you miss the place because they are closed when you arrive. That said they have awesome draught and cask beer with a great mix of pub food. Too bad I have to work this weekend otherwise I would be up to joining in the fun.

Good info. We may have to do Merch on Saturday. Fine with me, but then we miss Chesters, as it is closed on SUnday too. :) One cannot win!

We could supplement it with The Phoenix at the University.

Matt, look forward to seeing you!

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

I'd be up for this sort of thing when I'm back feeling 100%. Finally to argue with Len in person! :D
In Beerum Veritas

xocoatl

Post by xocoatl »

Let me know if you are still hitting Kick Off for lunch on Monday. I work not far from there and can swing by over lunch.

They don't have the kitchen open for lunch the times I have been there, but have allowed me to bring in food from neighboring restaurants in the past.

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Great. Thinking about it now, we may head down Sunday instead of saturday.......I forget what we planned. But we are coming so that is important I guess haha

cratez
Beer Superstar

Post by cratez »

SteelbackGuy wrote: We may head down Sunday instead of Saturday.......I forget what we planned.
Yeah it's Sunday to Tuesday, and we may have to reverse our schedule of days & locations based on Matt wanting to meet Monday (awesome, BTW!) and The Ale House/Chester's being closed Sunday. We'll PM all those who have expressed an interest in meeting up! Cheers

phat matt

Post by phat matt »

I will say if you go to merchant on saturday night prepare to be in for some interesting music that you have to pay a cover for. Some good some bad, but all a matter of opinion.

Cale
Bar Fly

Post by Cale »

I live just down the street from The Judge so I'd be interested in that and/or Chester's. Don't get a chance to go out for a pint too often these days since my last drinking buddy moved up to Strabane (I had never heard of it either). Drop me a line with the details - assuming I'm cool enough.

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Belgian wrote:I'd be up for this sort of thing when I'm back feeling 100%. Finally to argue with Len in person! :D

Jonas, I look forward to it, but honestly I'm not the type to argue. Once you meet me you'll see. 90 % of my posts are posted to get reactions.

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Cale wrote:I live just down the street from The Judge so I'd be interested in that and/or Chester's. Don't get a chance to go out for a pint too often these days since my last drinking buddy moved up to Strabane (I had never heard of it either). Drop me a line with the details - assuming I'm cool enough.

Sure we will, for sure.

Looks like we'll be hitting the Kick Off on Sunday afternoon, which will be our first stop.

Anyone able to met us for a pint or two, please message accordingly

L:en