Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Infinium...

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

BooBoo

Infinium...

Post by BooBoo »

Well, it's here, but the reviews I've read on Beer Advocate are decidedly underwhelming. At almost $15 for a 750ml bottle I would like to think it's better than average, which is all you can take out of the BA reviews. I'll likely spring for one, but I suspect that will be it.

Whose buying and whose passing on this one?
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut. "

-Ernest Hemingway

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

I have decided to pass on this one based on the reviews I have read and the fact that I generally find SA to be very average.

Bobsy
Beer Superstar

Post by Bobsy »

I ought to pass based on what I've heard, but I'm weak so I'll be buying and drinking it tomorrow night.

It seems to have a decent ratebeer score - more decent reviews than on BA, which is a strange note of difference between the sites.

Ukie
Bar Fly

Post by Ukie »

I'm in.

Can't pass judgement otherwse.

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

i bought one today

TJ

Post by TJ »

Bobsy wrote:It seems to have a decent ratebeer score - more decent reviews than on BA, which is a strange note of difference between the sites.
I wonder if "the bros" C- rating isn't setting the tone on that one?

Anyway, I picked up a pair earlier today. I'm going in with lowered expectations. That's probably a good thing.

cattersley

Post by cattersley »

Hey, anyone out there going to be in Toronto this weekend and lives near or around Oshawa that would mind picking me up two bottles? I would appreciate at it since I am no where near the stores that are offering this...

- cattersley.

heebes

Post by heebes »

im gonna pass on this one. i dont enjoy champagne and a 'champagne like beer' isnt something i'm interested in trying. negative reviews about it have some impact i guess too, but i find Sam Adams fairly underwhealming as well.

Ukie
Bar Fly

Post by Ukie »

heebes wrote:im gonna pass on this one. i dont enjoy champagne and a 'champagne like beer' isnt something i'm interested in trying. negative reviews about it have some impact i guess too, but i find Sam Adams fairly underwhealming as well.

I'm out.

Turns out my local store was told they couldn't order it.

sprague11
Seasoned Drinker

Post by sprague11 »

TJ wrote:
Bobsy wrote:It seems to have a decent ratebeer score - more decent reviews than on BA, which is a strange note of difference between the sites.
I wonder if "the bros" C- rating isn't setting the tone on that one?
good point.

Bobsy
Beer Superstar

Post by Bobsy »

God, this is a sexy bottle. I don't know what it tastes like but they've done a first-rate job of the packaging. This is the sort of beer that I'd happily take over to friends as a gift - it certainly has table presence.

Great video about it on the Sam Adams website too.

TJ

Post by TJ »

Bobsy wrote:God, this is a sexy bottle. I don't know what it tastes like but they've done a first-rate job of the packaging. This is the sort of beer that I'd happily take over to friends as a gift - it certainly has table presence.
They're like of Meantime's bottles on steroids.

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Bobsy wrote:God, this is a sexy bottle. I don't know what it tastes like but they've done a first-rate job of the packaging. This is the sort of beer that I'd happily take over to friends as a gift - it certainly has table presence.
Indeed, this is one of those beers that when you speak to someone who says "I don't like beer" due to some preconceived notion they could not resist trying this. That's not to say packaging is everything, but it is important and can help change perceptions about beer.

Cagiva650

Post by Cagiva650 »

I just bought a bottle at the NLC here in St John's. :o $19.95
It would be interesting to have a bottle of Deus to compare the two.