Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Cheeses

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

markaberrant
Seasoned Drinker

Post by markaberrant »

Torontoblue wrote: Also grabbed some more of the Queso Valdeon from the Castilla-Leon region. This is a very intense blue, and is a mix of goat & cow's milk. Seems to be more blue/grey veins than actual white cheese!!! And all wrapped in sycamore leaves. Very spicy & salty. Quite sticky and really latches onto the back of your mouth, tongue and throat. Not for the feint hearted.
Love the Queso Valdeon. As you say, very spicy (in a peppery sense).

markaberrant
Seasoned Drinker

Post by markaberrant »

Held a BBQ and beer tasting a few weeks ago. For an appertizer, put out some goat milk brie I picked up at Sobey's. Served at room temp, it gets nice and oozy, was surprisingly good for supermarket cheese purchased on a whim.

Also served some Konig Ludwig and Chimay cheeses at that dinner. Both were excellent as always, wish I could get them locally.

Frere Ambroise

Post by Frere Ambroise »

Folks, there is a monthly Craft Beer & Artisan Cheese Tasting - Junction Fromagerie. It is usually done the last Thursday of the month. Very intimate - 12 people max.

Great spot for Canadian cheeses -- they also own the Delight Chocolate Shoppe next door - all hand-made onsite.

3042 Dundas Street West, Toronto. West of Keele Street.
tel. 647-344-8663
Hours:
Monday 10 to 6
Tuesday to Saturday 10 to 7
Sunday 11 to 6

They are also the only place in Toronto that sells the St. Ambroise Beer mustards.

Cheers!