Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Geography Beer Question...

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

BooBoo

Geography Beer Question...

Post by BooBoo »

My folks are returning from Florida in a month and I want them to bring me back some beer.

I don't want it to be inconvenient so I am looking for a few good U.S. crafts that are widely distributed and should be available virtually anywhere they go.

Sierra Nevada Pale Ale is already on my list, but three or four more ideas would be great.
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut. "

-Ernest Hemingway

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

If they can score some Saint Somewhere stuff I think you'd be mighty happy.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

BooBoo

Post by BooBoo »

SteelbackGuy wrote:If they can score some Saint Somewhere stuff I think you'd be mighty happy.
WTF?
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut. "

-Ernest Hemingway

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

BooBoo wrote:
SteelbackGuy wrote:If they can score some Saint Somewhere stuff I think you'd be mighty happy.
WTF?
http://www.ratebeer.com/brewers/saint-s ... pany/8567/
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

BooBoo

Post by BooBoo »

OK, got it. Could not find it at first on BA, but got it when I added the Brewing Company part.

Cheers

-Ernest Hemingway

Ukie
Bar Fly

Post by Ukie »

Also look at anything from Cigar City.

electroluminescent

Post by electroluminescent »

Total Wine & More seems to be the biggest Liquor chain in Florida and it has a great US microbrew selection, they usually stock the Cigar City Jai Alai. I don't think I've ever seen Saint Somewhere in a Total though, where are they staying?? if it's Tampa/St Petes or Orlando areas I'd be happy to suggest the most parent friendly places to find the best those Florida breweries have.

BooBoo

Post by BooBoo »

electroluminescent wrote:Total Wine & More seems to be the biggest Liquor chain in Florida and it has a great US microbrew selection, they usually stock the Cigar City Jai Alai. I don't think I've ever seen Saint Somewhere in a Total though, where are they staying?? if it's Tampa/St Petes or Orlando areas I'd be happy to suggest the most parent friendly places to find the best those Florida breweries have.
They stay in Okeechobee and leave the state via 95 on the Atlantic side.

-Ernest Hemingway

electroluminescent

BooBoo wrote: They stay in Okeechobee and leave the state via 95 on the Atlantic side.
That's a bit of a drive to my familiars.. I'd say the best bet is the Jacksonville Total, it's just off the 95.. There's also a total in Jensen Beach which is where a lot of people who are in Okeechobee go to see the ocean.

http://www.totalwine.com/

Phone #s for the stores are on the site if you want to go that extra step and check stock :P

Jon Walker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Jon Walker »

I think Terrapin out of Georgia ship into Florida. I wouldn't expect you'd find them at the local 7/11 but if you e-mail Terrapin and ask about a retail location in your parent's area they might be able to help you out.

**UPDATE**

Did the legwork for you. Here's who carries/distributes their beers in Florida.
Florida (select areas)

Cone Distributing

* Ocala/Tallahassee 352-732-4111

Champion

* Jacksonville 904-268-1220

Fresh Beer

* Ft. Lauderdale/Miami 954-629-7971

Goldring Distributing

* Pensacola/Panama City 850-432-9883

JJ Taylor Distributing

* Tampa 813-247-4000
* Ft Myers 239-267-1006

S.R. Perrott

* Daytona Beach 386-672-2275

Schenk Company

* Orlando 407-299-4773

Simply call the closest company to your folks, ask them which stores they supply have a good inventory of quality beers and then send your folks there. I've found in past that when asking relatives or friends to pick up beer for me it's way better for me and them if I do all the legwork and then send them to a specific place to pick up beer I have already called ahead for and had someone put aside under my name. Easy for the folks, you get the best beer available.
I don't always piss in a bottle but when I do...I prefer to call it Dos Equis.

electroluminescent

Terrapin are available at Total (at least the ones I've been in)..

Cagiva650

Post by Cagiva650 »

I bought a six pack of Terrapin Hopsecutioner at the local Publix supermarket in Orlando September 2010.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1 ... =754420523

codfishh

Post by codfishh »

I've read good things about Cigar City Jai Alai IPA. Heading to St. Pete's soon looking forward to trying some.

Hopping to hit Peg's Cantina while I am there too.
http://www.pegscantina.com/brewhouse.html