Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Friday Night Beers at Gambrinus

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

StephenRich

Friday Night Beers at Gambrinus

Post by StephenRich »

I'm going to be in London this Friday, April the 29th - any London beer geeks, snobs, lovers, aficionados, enthusiasts, fans, addicts, or even beer revolutionists want to grab a pint or several at Gambrinus?

How can you possibly go wrong!?

JesseM
Seasoned Drinker

Post by JesseM »

I would stay away from the beer snobs and beer revolutionists. The snobs can be jerks, and the revolutionaries are just too violent.

I've heard good things about some Len guy, though he claims to be a lesbian of the gheyist kind.

This post will make a lot more sense to you when Steelbackguy responds.
Last edited by JesseM on Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RayOhm

Post by RayOhm »

Is Gambrinus what Chauncey Smith's was renamed as?
I don’t care what the U.N. says, I don’t recognize countries that don’t produce beer.

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

RayOhm wrote:Is Gambrinus what Chauncey Smith's was renamed as?
Yes it is.

Flood

Post by Flood »

C'mon out.... I'll be there to join whoever comes out.

Likely Len will as well (lesbian gheist and all).
beer up

cratez
Beer Superstar

Post by cratez »

Len and I are hitting up the "Over The Hop" event then swinging over to Gambrinus for more than a few. See everyone there!

gordmit

Post by gordmit »

just came back from Gambrinus--enjoyed some cask Grand River MillGap bitter, not sure if there will be any left tomorrow. I'm scheduled to grab some indian take out tomorrow night (indian chef...nuf said)...wondering if I leave a bit early and sneak into the pub for a quick one--look for a shady loner in a black trenchcoat slurping guiltily at the bar. (wow, I really present well, like someone you'd really like to meet!).
Gord-o
Gord

gordmit

Post by gordmit »

[quote="gordmit"]just came back from Gambrinus--enjoyed some cask Grand River MillGap bitter, not sure if there will be any left tomorrow. I'm scheduled to grab some indian take out tomorrow night (indian chef...nuf said)...wondering if I leave a bit early and sneak into the pub for a quick one--look for a shady loner in a black trenchcoat slurping guiltily at the bar. (wow, I really present well, like someone you'd really like to meet!).
Gord-o[/quote]

don't know why my quote function fails, and am rather dumbfounded that someone would quote oneself anyway. But, the mention of "over the hop" made me google...an event at APK...I haven't been enthralled at Wellington, save for a couple of kegs of their ESP at the beer olympics last summer...would love to try their IPA and especially if they are taking a stab at cask...bring it on baby!!!
Gord

StephenRich

Post by StephenRich »

I wont be at Over the Hop, and I'm feeling kinda of Crappy, but hopefully I'll make it out and see some of you guys at Gambrinus tonight

Milos

Post by Milos »

Just a note of correction: Mill Gap Bitter is from Andy @Neustadt Springs Brewery.
Great cas (still on), great draught (coming soon). He made it originally as an anniversary brew if my memory serves me right.
We had a really great response to it here and begged him to make more!
I guess, we were not the only ones.
So many beers and so little time!!

gordmit

Post by gordmit »

[quote="Milos"]Just a note of correction: Mill Gap Bitter is from Andy @Neustadt Springs Brewery.
Great cas (still on), great draught (coming soon). He made it originally as an anniversary brew if my memory serves me right.
We had a really great response to it here and begged him to make more!
I guess, we were not the only ones.[/quote]

My mistake Milos, Neustadt Mill Gap - I was able to sneak out last night and knock back another. I associated it with Grand River because I think I read somewhere (internet, their website...duh) that they have a strong line-up of low-alc beer. Many thanks for offering the cask in London! Was anyone else at the pub last night around 10?
Gord

ErkLR

Post by ErkLR »

I had a pint of the Mill Gap cask last night, it was great. Left a bit before 10 though.

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Hey, what is with all you creepers who seem to come and go at Gambrinus? Why not join the local beer revolution?
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

LondonBeer

Post by LondonBeer »

SteelbackGuy wrote:Hey, what is with all you creepers who seem to come and go at Gambrinus? Why not join the local beer revolution?
You weren't there tonight (sat) were you? I stopped in for a couple but wouldn't recognize anyone from this board if they were sitting beside me.

(on a side note i was surprised how much the mill gap had changed from thurs till now)

ErkLR

Post by ErkLR »

LondonBeer wrote: wouldn't recognize anyone from this board if they were sitting beside me.
This. I just happened to end up there with some people from work who wanted to go for a drink after an event.