Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Molson Coors has bigger plans than Six Pints

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

zane9

Molson Coors has bigger plans than Six Pints

Post by zane9 »

The creation of Six Pints is chump change in comparison to Molson Coors bigger plans. Now the company has found a partner and is making a joint play for Fosters. Share rise today lifted Fosters value to $9.5 billion!

More on this story here.

I thought this was interesting:

"Molson Coors, which has a joint venture in the United States with SABMiller, has a market capitalisation of $7.6-billion and dominates the Canadian beer market with a 40 per cent share. It is under pressure to expand through acquisitions, according to analysts who point to the $1.2-billion in cash on the company’s balance sheet."

Steve Beaumont

Post by Steve Beaumont »

This is the kind of situation I think can only happen in beer. Molson Coors may be partnering up with Modelo to buy Fosters. In the US, Molson Coors has a partnership with SABMiller, which results in Miller Coors. Modelo is 50% owned by AB InBev. So technically, assuming this sale actually happens, it will involve directly or indirectly four of the top eight brewing companies in the world!

(The other four, FWIW, are Heineken, Carlsberg, China Resources Brewery and Tsingtao, according to Brauwelt International based on statistics published at the end of 2009. And just to take it all that much further, SABMiller has a stake in China Resouces.)

Tapsucker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Tapsucker »

Just out of curiosity, I'm only familiar with their lager, does Faaasterrs make any decent beer? What other brands are theirs?
Brands are for cattle.
Fans are cash cows.
The herd will consume until consumed.

mintjellie
Seasoned Drinker

Post by mintjellie »