Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Not beer related- Leno, Letterman, or Fallon?

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Which show do you prefer to watch?

David Letterman
53%
Jay Leno
6%
Jimmy Fallon
41%

Total votes: 17

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Not beer related- Leno, Letterman, or Fallon?

Post by SteelbackGuy »

This seems to come up all the time when I am crushing mad 40's with my boys, so I figured I'd see what the BT crew has to say. Poll away.

My vote goes to Jimmy Fallon. His show is really funny.
I'd give 2nd to Leno. I love Jaywalking and Headlines.
Letterman is a distant 3rd. Very mundane and lifeless programming usually.
Last edited by SteelbackGuy on Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

notdan

Post by notdan »

Can't really put up with Leno or Letterman. Don't watch Fallon much but definitely my preferred of the three.

To be honest though, I watch O'Brien a lot more than any of those. Perhaps worth adding to the poll?

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

notdan wrote:Can't really put up with Leno or Letterman. Don't watch Fallon much but definitely my preferred of the three.

To be honest though, I watch O'Brien a lot more than any of those. Perhaps worth adding to the poll?
My bad, I didnt even think he was still ion the air.

Ill add him too!....................I cant figure how to edit the poll!!!!!!
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

Craig Ferguson.
lister

mistermurphy

Post by mistermurphy »

The Daily Show or Colbert

RayOhm

Post by RayOhm »

mistermurphy wrote:The Daily Show or Colbert
+1 the only late night shows I regularly watch. And sometime's Conan if im up late.
I don’t care what the U.N. says, I don’t recognize countries that don’t produce beer.

Jon Walker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Jon Walker »

I used to PVR Conan but don't anymore. Colbert and Daily Show are the only late night I watch.
I don't always piss in a bottle but when I do...I prefer to call it Dos Equis.

LondonBeer

Post by LondonBeer »

lister wrote:Craig Ferguson.
+1

phirleh
Seasoned Drinker

Post by phirleh »

Back in the day Letterman was king, but I think fatherhood, marriage and heart issues has dulled his barbs. Fallon has some great segments, and due to the lateness of the show I only see clips the next morning. Conan's biggest mistake was venturing before 12. Kimmel, Fallon and the like can get away with murder since no one cares about ratings at that time.

Leno...he's a thief and a douchebag...he gets the best guests and doesn't listen to them or ask them any relevant questions

Stewart and Colbert are some of the most consistently funny guys in showbiz...they can do no wrong.

Read Bill Carter's "The War for Late Night"...good book.
Malam cerevisiam facieus in cathedram stercoris

"God don't want me yet, man, I got more feet to taste."
photos - http://www.flickr.com/photos/phirleh/se ... 039468171/

JesseM
Seasoned Drinker

Post by JesseM »

Conan O'Brien. I am now, have always been, and always will be with Coco.

Colbert and Jon Stewart are also astronomically superior to the three in the pole IMHO. Some people find Colbert's satirical neo-con thing hard to take, but I absolutely love that kind of dedicated mockery. I hated when Coco was with NBC because I had to dance between him and Colbert. Good thing it came to an end in my view.

Never found any of them funny (in the pole), even when Fallon was on SNL he was kind of weak (though I never hated him or anything). I used to watch Letterman every night because my mom and older brother liked him, and I just went along with it because I guess I was too young to have regular access to the internet. But I don't criticize anyone who does like them. 8)

heebes

Post by heebes »

Gotta go with CoCo.

The_Jester
Bar Fly

Post by The_Jester »

mistermurphy wrote:The Daily Show or Colbert
+2
"The time for delay is over, we need to address the threat of climate change activism immediately if we hope to protect the future prosperity of our children’s employers." Scott Vrooman

Torontoblue
Beer Superstar

Post by Torontoblue »

lister wrote:Craig Ferguson.
+1. Far far superior to the corporate suits that are Leno, Lettermen et al. You want good humour and irrelevant interviews? Fergie is yer guy.

Streets

Post by Streets »

phirleh wrote: Leno...he's a thief and a douchebag...he gets the best guests and doesn't listen to them or ask them any relevant questions
Spoken like a true Stern fan :)

Has anyone seen Late Shift?

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

Torontoblue wrote:+1. Far far superior to the corporate suits that are Leno, Lettermen et al. You want good humour and irrelevant interviews? Fergie is yer guy.
I've liked him dating back to his run on The Drew Carey Show as Mr. Wick. I like his monologues and his interview style.

I also like watching Stewart and Colbert but to be honest I really don't watch much late night TV. When I do it's usually one of those three.
lister