Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Beau's Greener Futures

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Cass
Beer Superstar

Beau's Greener Futures

Post by Cass »

Anyone signed up? Reminds me of something like the Bruery Reserve Society, with a good cause attached to it. Neat idea.

http://www.beaus.ca/beer/greener_futures

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Now that I am basically working every single day, I could easily afford this, but wouldn't be able to get the beers.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

NRman
Bar Fly

Post by NRman »

Hey Beaus!
Nice work..glad to see someone in Ontario beer has tried it... I am scraping 300 loonies together now.

Just curious, did bartowel help or were you guys going down this road already?
http://www.bartowel.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=6680

sprague11
Seasoned Drinker

Post by sprague11 »

If they could find a way to get me the beer without me having to travel to Van Kleek Hill I'd gladly be in on this.

Kel Varnsen
Bar Fly

Post by Kel Varnsen »

sprague11 wrote:If they could find a way to get me the beer without me having to travel to Van Kleek Hill I'd gladly be in on this.
It's kind of a cool idea and I thought a lot about signing up for this but in the end I decided against it. While 300 bucks wouldn't break my bank, there are a lot of other things I could spend that money on, including beer where I know what I am going to be buying, rather than preordering beer and having no idea what I am going to get. Plus there is the travel thing, which even in Ottawa can be kind of a pain, especially since if you read the membership agreement it sounds like you are entitled to one bottle per release, which means 10 trips per year to Vankleek hill.

Plus also according to the agreement the membership is non-refundable and non-transferable. Which means if I were to move out of Ontario sometime in the next three years I would basically have to write off that membership fee.

Bobsy
Beer Superstar

Post by Bobsy »

I'm in if there's a way of getting it out of Vankleek...

mistermurphy

Post by mistermurphy »

I think a bar in Toronto should step up to act as a hub for Toronto area people to pick up their Futures beers. Beau's could just send the bottles along with the bar's keg's...... Volo, Burger Bar, someone?

Bobsy
Beer Superstar

Post by Bobsy »

mistermurphy wrote:I think a bar in Toronto should step up to act as a hub for Toronto area people to pick up their Futures beers. Beau's could just send the bottles along with the bar's keg's...... Volo, Burger Bar, someone?
I expect coming out and saying you would do such a thing would land you in a heap of trouble with the AGCO.

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

Brewers are allowed to make private deliveries are they not? So a brewery rep could have a drop off day? That said pleasing everyone with a single date would be tough.

iguenard
Seasoned Drinker

Post by iguenard »

I just signed up, hopefully there's still time. This should be quite interesting, especially if they go all-out like Bruery did for their style selections.

Heck, if they run out of ideas, I'll go brew with them :)

I have a recipee for a bourbon barrel chipotle porter that could be interesting :)

iguenard
Seasoned Drinker

Post by iguenard »

Anybody end up signing up?

They issued payment on my credit card but I've never heard back from them and never recieved a single communication from either the project, or the retail email answering my inquiries on the subject.

Wondering if its normal, or if Im the only one in this situation.

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

Bobsy wrote:I'm in if there's a way of getting it out of Vankleek...
Me too. But geography all but kills this one for me...

cfrancis
Bar Fly

Post by cfrancis »

I signed up as well. Also haven't heard anything from them. I'm planning next weekend to be out that way to go to the Festival du Curd, so I'm going to swing by the brewery and see if I can pick up my first lot of beer.

If you are worried, I'd just give them a shout.

Anyone that is out of town, if Beau's will allow someone else to pick up your beer, I'll offer to pick yours up when I pick mine up. Then I can send it down to you or we can work something out. PM me if interested.

Kel Varnsen
Bar Fly

Post by Kel Varnsen »

cfrancis wrote: Anyone that is out of town, if Beau's will allow someone else to pick up your beer, I'll offer to pick yours up when I pick mine up. Then I can send it down to you or we can work something out. PM me if interested.
I would be curious if they allowed that. I mean one of the things that turned me off signing up the fact that in the agreement it said that you must present photo ID to pick up your beer and your membership is non-transferable. That to me indicates that unless you show up in person at the brewery , someone else can’t pick up your beer for you.

cfrancis
Bar Fly

Post by cfrancis »

Kel Varnsen wrote:
cfrancis wrote: Anyone that is out of town, if Beau's will allow someone else to pick up your beer, I'll offer to pick yours up when I pick mine up. Then I can send it down to you or we can work something out. PM me if interested.
I would be curious if they allowed that. I mean one of the things that turned me off signing up the fact that in the agreement it said that you must present photo ID to pick up your beer and your membership is non-transferable. That to me indicates that unless you show up in person at the brewery , someone else can’t pick up your beer for you.
I agree with you, but I would hope that if you set things up ahead of time with Steve and the crew, they may make an exception.

I suppose it's how hungry they are to make additional sales. If things are going well right now they may not be into special cases but if sales are lagging they may entertain things. Who knows? Doesn't hurt to ask.