Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

What should I bring home from Montreal

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

IPASlav

What should I bring home from Montreal

Post by IPASlav »

I`ll probably go to Atwater (anywhere else I should go) But what`s in season right now that I absolutely must bring home...

Jon Walker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Jon Walker »

There are always lots of very appealing French Canadian women in Montreal. Not sure if they are "in season" but if I were young and single I'd consider bringing one home!
I don't always piss in a bottle but when I do...I prefer to call it Dos Equis.

IPASlav

Post by IPASlav »

considering I'll be on my honeymoon, probably not the best idea - anymore...

sprague11
Seasoned Drinker

Post by sprague11 »

Try something different - L'Abri de la Tempette Scotch Ale - a tad pricy but a very good scotch ale. Otherise I recommend the usual LTM Bombers or DDC suspects.

Grab a few cupcakes from the cupcake place by the Cathedral in Old Montreal and earn a brownie point or two with the new wife. I find my beer transgressions are usually forgiven with a trip there.
Last edited by sprague11 on Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

iguenard
Seasoned Drinker

Post by iguenard »

Beer-wise, anything Hopfenstark, Trou du Diable, Boquebiere's Hildegard, and any Dieu du Ciel/Charlevoix/Chouape youve never tried!

Frere Ambroise

Post by Frere Ambroise »

The patio is open at St. Ambroise - not too far from Atwater. New fresh IPA on tap. Cheers!

IPASlav

Post by IPASlav »

Frere Ambroise wrote:The patio is open at St. Ambroise - not too far from Atwater. New fresh IPA on tap. Cheers!

we hit atwater right before we left town...but I did bring home some scotch ale and ipa...and I drank quite a bit of pale ale and griffon rousse at different restaurants cheers...

sprague11
Seasoned Drinker

Post by sprague11 »

One of my favorite cities to visit.

If you have a car you are at one heck of an advantage. Hopfenstark is about 25 minutes from Montreal and Trou du Diable is about 90 minutes or so. Both are worth it but Shawinigan is kinda far and there are very few places to stay in L'Assomption. Peluso is a very easy drive from the downtown, as is DDC, and Le Grand Duc is pretty accessible off the island. I've heard many horror stories about montreal traffic but I find it far more driveable than downtown Toronto.

My typical Montreal trip includes an evening between DDC and Vices et Versa, along with a trip to Peluso and a quick stop at the Cupcake place in Old Montreal and a sandwich to go at the Deli before the drive home.