Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Sam Adams Utopias

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Lyle

Post by Lyle »

Hey guys,
I've just returned after a few weeks out of town to find out that we were able to get a few bottles of the 2003 Sam Adams Utopias (25% abv) at Premier. We could only get 4 bottles total - so I wanted to let you know, in case anyone wants to pool their pennies together. The price is $175 U.S. per bottle. Actually - I don't know if "bottle" is the right word - they look like little brass/ceramic brewhouse tanks, complete with a sliding door in the side, etc.
Anyway - we're trying, but I don't think we'll be able to get any more, and I think one of them (at least) is already spoken for. So, if you are interested, call Josh at Premier (toll free 877-PREM123, or 716-877-3574) ASAP to reserve. Cheers
Lyle Ostrow
Premier Gourmet
3465 Delaware Avenue
Kenmore, NY 14217
tel:(716) 877-3574
email: premierbeer@adelphia.net

joey_capps
Bar Fly

Post by joey_capps »

Damn I would have taken all four :sad:

Seriously, if anyone else is interested I'm in.

I'd like to let it age at least until the fall though.

Joe.

DAN-D-MAN

Post by DAN-D-MAN »

I'm definitely in also...

Lyle

Post by Lyle »

The Utopias ended up costing us less than we expected, so the retail is now $140US. I know - its still an obscene amount of money for a bottle of beer. I just thought I'd mention it in case anyone is interested...

Cheers
Lyle
Lyle Ostrow
Premier Gourmet
3465 Delaware Avenue
Kenmore, NY 14217
tel:(716) 877-3574
email: premierbeer@adelphia.net

Kent

Post by Kent »

Just stopped by PG last weekend and saw one of the three remaining Utopias. Beautiful bottle. I would be interested in splitting one, and at 22oz (I believe) this could be split fairly easily. Problem is, who would get the bottle?