Double Trouble Brewing Coming....

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: GregClow, Cass

Lecocq

Double Trouble Brewing Coming....

Postby Lecocq » Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:18 am

Just saw this posted on North American Craft's Facebook page:

We have registered: Double Trouble Brewing Co. and have TM our brand Hops and Robbers. We will be entering the Self Serve Beer Stores in the next 4 months with our 6 pack. We are also applying for our tall boy can at the Lcbo. Cheers!

Haven't heard much about this before. Any new craft at TBS is a good thing though!
TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Postby TheSevenDuffs » Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:05 pm

Interesting. So they have started up their own brewery now to get in on the action?
Guybrush

Postby Guybrush » Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:54 am

Got my paws on a can of this stuff. It was delicious! Can't wait to see it 'officially' released and readily available!
matt7215
Beer Superstar

Postby matt7215 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:05 pm

TheSevenDuffs wrote:Interesting. So they have started up their own brewery now to get in on the action?

most likely contracted somewhere
Barncat Artisan Ales
velovampire
Seasoned Drinker

Postby velovampire » Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:53 pm

matt7215 wrote:
TheSevenDuffs wrote:Interesting. So they have started up their own brewery now to get in on the action?

most likely contracted somewhere

Brewed at Wellington by Paul Dickey, I believe.
JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Postby JeffPorter » Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:27 pm

sampled it tonight at smokeless joe - really smooth beer...very sessionable...
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John
TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Postby TheSevenDuffs » Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:30 pm

JeffPorter wrote:sampled it tonight at smokeless joe - really smooth beer...very sessionable...
Hops & Robbers? I don't typically like to see an IPA described as "smooth" ... any other details worth mentioning?
JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Postby JeffPorter » Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:17 am

TheSevenDuffs wrote:
JeffPorter wrote:sampled it tonight at smokeless joe - really smooth beer...very sessionable...
Hops & Robbers? I don't typically like to see an IPA described as "smooth" ... any other details worth mentioning?

That's because it's not really an IPA - not IMO, anyway - from the list that colin had it was 5.3%, more like a very quaffable pale ale -

Very golden - nice dry hopped aroma - the hops tasted crisp and refreshing - almost like saaz or something you'd find in a pilsner. Not an IPA, IMO, as I said, but pretty good pale ale.
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John
TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Postby TheSevenDuffs » Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:56 am

JeffPorter wrote:
TheSevenDuffs wrote:

That's because it's not really an IPA - not IMO, anyway - from the list that colin had it was 5.3%, more like a very quaffable pale ale -

Very golden - nice dry hopped aroma - the hops tasted crisp and refreshing - almost like saaz or something you'd find in a pilsner. Not an IPA, IMO, as I said, but pretty good pale ale.
Your comments have certainly tempered most of the excitement that I had for this release. Thanks for the extra info.
JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Postby JeffPorter » Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:24 am

TheSevenDuffs wrote:
JeffPorter wrote:
TheSevenDuffs wrote:

Your comments have certainly tempered most of the excitement that I had for this release. Thanks for the extra info.

Sorry to disappoint - for those looking for a big hoppy IPA, this isn't exactly it...
Lecocq

Postby Lecocq » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:03 am

I'm still interested in trying this. Hopefully it is going to be readily available everywhere and not the usual LCBO/TBS's that get all the good stuff!!
Flood

Postby Flood » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:17 am

Will be on tap at Gambrinus soon! Stay tuned!
beer up
JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Postby JerCraigs » Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:54 pm

TheSevenDuffs wrote:I don't typically like to see an IPA described as "smooth" ...

I once shared a delightfully bitter and resiny IPA with a classmate who said "It tastes like poison!!!" :)
TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Postby TheSevenDuffs » Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:36 pm

JerCraigs wrote:
TheSevenDuffs wrote:I don't typically like to see an IPA described as "smooth" ...

I once shared a delightfully bitter and resiny IPA with a classmate who said "It tastes like poison!!!" :)
That's what I want to taste! Poison! 8)
Malcolm

Postby Malcolm » Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:43 pm

I had a pint at C'est What last night and was pleasantly surprised, after being told it's a "mild IPA". Very drinkable and hops are present, though not as much on the finish. And yes, it is being brewed at Wellington by Paul Dickey.
I kind of like the way these new brews\brewerys are popping up, whether it's a contract brewer or a new brewing facility.

Return to “Random Talk”