Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Double Trouble Brewing Coming....

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

S. St. Jeb
Seasoned Drinker

Post by S. St. Jeb »

Guybrush wrote:Got my paws on a can of this stuff. It was delicious! Can't wait to see it 'officially' released and readily available!

Where did you get the can? (or can you say?)

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

"mild IPA" is an interesting description - kind of like "Imperial Mild" :P

I liked it too...very drinkable...just don't go expecting a 6+ abv hop bomb...
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

Guybrush

Post by Guybrush »

S. St. Jeb wrote:
Guybrush wrote:Got my paws on a can of this stuff. It was delicious! Can't wait to see it 'officially' released and readily available!

Where did you get the can? (or can you say?)
The can was a 'gift'. I dare not say where it came from. It wasn't a 'retail production' can. Just one of those 'sample this beer' kind, the ones that are just silver cans with a sticker slapped on it. I'm sure they're coming up with proper artwork and design still.

I will say this about the beer, I'd love to try it on cask. I sampled it at a cold temperature, and can speculate that, if served at cask temp, and with low carbonation, this could be a VERY delicious brew... I can't wait.

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

Had it again at C'est What...and a more substantial sample. I have to say, it's not my thing. No better than any other pale ale that we have here. In fact, I'm sorry to say I found it thin and watery. :(

Gladly give it a shot on cask, though.
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

Cale
Bar Fly

Post by Cale »

I was excited to try this at Cask Days. I believe the robbers had already made off with the hops by the time I tried it.

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

Cale wrote:I was excited to try this at Cask Days. I believe the robbers had already made off with the hops by the time I tried it.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

mintjellie
Seasoned Drinker

Post by mintjellie »

JeffPorter wrote:
TheSevenDuffs wrote:
JeffPorter wrote:sampled it tonight at smokeless joe - really smooth beer...very sessionable...
Hops & Robbers? I don't typically like to see an IPA described as "smooth" ... any other details worth mentioning?
That's because it's not really an IPA - not IMO, anyway - from the list that colin had it was 5.3%, more like a very quaffable pale ale -

Very golden - nice dry hopped aroma - the hops tasted crisp and refreshing - almost like saaz or something you'd find in a pilsner. Not an IPA, IMO, as I said, but pretty good pale ale.
Golden colour - Noble hops - Pale ale?

Ummm...

mintjellie
Seasoned Drinker

Post by mintjellie »

JeffPorter wrote:
TheSevenDuffs wrote:
JeffPorter wrote: That's because it's not really an IPA - not IMO, anyway - from the list that colin had it was 5.3%, more like a very quaffable pale ale -

Very golden - nice dry hopped aroma - the hops tasted crisp and refreshing - almost like saaz or something you'd find in a pilsner. Not an IPA, IMO, as I said, but pretty good pale ale.
Your comments have certainly tempered most of the excitement that I had for this release. Thanks for the extra info.
Sorry to disappoint - for those looking for a big hoppy IPA, this isn't exactly it...
It doesn't even sound like a pale ale at all?

zane9

Post by zane9 »

Had Hops & Robbers at Burger Bar last night. To compare it with other ales on offer I had H&R along with Boneshaker and Augusta as part of the flight.

It's certainly not a big hop bomb. But, it's very sessionable, aromatic, and refreshing. I stuck with it for the rest of the evening.