Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Premiere Gourmet

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Stroonze

Premiere Gourmet

Post by Stroonze »

Heading over to Buffalo tomorrow, if any of you have been down lately is there anything above the obvious that i should keep an eye our for? Thanks.

Kish84
Bar Fly

Post by Kish84 »

Interesting...I'm heading there tomorrow too....

PeenSteen
Bar Fly

Post by PeenSteen »

Yeah I was there about 2 weeks ago and they had a bunch of interesting looking pumpkin beers, Stone 15th Anniversary Imperial Black Ale, a bunch of barrel variations of Mikkeller Black Holes, lots of Mikkeller period, they also have lots of good single 12 oz bottles for under 2 bucks each (DFH, Sierra Nevada, Lost Coast, ST, ect.) Im sure you will find lots of stuff to suit your tastes though. Good luck at the border :)

Stroonze

Post by Stroonze »

Thanks for the info Peensteen, I noticed that they have the stone 15th anni black ipa, picking that up forsure. Do you remember what the cost was on that? Going down with the kids and spending the night so hopefully that helps at the border. But for a selection like that im not going to be too upset if i have to pay some duty.

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

Stroonze wrote:Thanks for the info Peensteen, I noticed that they have the stone 15th anni black ipa, picking that up forsure. Do you remember what the cost was on that? Going down with the kids and spending the night so hopefully that helps at the border. But for a selection like that im not going to be too upset if i have to pay some duty.
The Stone 15th is excellent. If I recall it is around $10 a bomber.

phat matt

Post by phat matt »

Keep an eye out for anything firestone walker. For the first time ever I saw a bottle of porter in niagara falls new york last night.

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

phat matt wrote:Keep an eye out for anything firestone walker. For the first time ever I saw a bottle of porter in niagara falls new york last night.
Premier has the porter and the double jack. Hopefully we start to see more FW beers in the near future.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Does this belong in 'local beer guides' - it's where the 'locals' can chime in to 'guide' you as well, get it? ;)

The Stone IPA at Premier was freshest and cheapest, just as a staple. And the Spaten Optimator seemed to be about half the price of Ayinger Celebrator. I'm all about good for cheap.

Next time I will def watch out for Firestone Walker, and probably try to find a deal on Thisted Limfjordsporter and Hair Of The Dog ADAM. Ever have luck with case buys?

We should talk about PG and Consumers regularly. I know enough of us go there!
In Beerum Veritas

rudolf

Post by rudolf »

Belgian wrote: Next time I will def watch out for Firestone Walker, and probably try to find a deal on Thisted Limfjordsporter and Hair Of The Dog ADAM. Ever have luck with case buys?
Sadly HOTD does not make it to Buffalo.

Ethan, the beer manager at Premier is good about posting to Ratebeer what has recently come in. These posts are in the Buffalo forum (http://www.ratebeer.com/Forums/Forum-1602.htm) -- the current thread is at http://www.ratebeer.com/forums/new-at-p ... 179502.htm - These threads get locked a year or two after being started, so if you notice that it hasn't been updated in a while look for a new thread.

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

Supposedly the inventory list on the PG website is relatively up to date as well.

PeenSteen
Bar Fly

Post by PeenSteen »

yeah the online list is pretty up to date but when I was there I found a lone Cantillon Rose De Gambrinus sitting on the shelf that was listed as out of stock on their website, I was pretty happy to find that. Im guessing someone bought a couple tried it didn't like the first one and returned it.

Stroonze

Post by Stroonze »

Got back with some decent beers, i could have spent hours in the place but didnt have the time i wish i could have spent. Picked up a few stone beers,15th black ipa x 2, imp russian,self righteous, 2008 old guardian. DFH Pangea, 120 ipa, punkin.Six point autumnation x2, smuttynose pumpkin and sierra nevada pale x6. Cant wait to go back. Thanks for all your tips.

bufordsbest

Post by bufordsbest »

you can also follow them on twitter, they tweet new arrivals...

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

bufordsbest wrote:you can also follow them on twitter, they tweet new arrivals...
If you compare the posts on Rate Beer to the tweets, it is like night and day. The tweeting is very infrequent...