Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Book - Brewing in Ontario

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Swordsman

Book - Brewing in Ontario

Post by Swordsman »

I am sure I saw a post about this book on this site but can not find it. "The Art and Mystery of Brewing in Ontario"

I just got it from the library and have only read the introduction and had to laugh at the final paragraph.

Keep in mind this was written in 1988.

"Relaxed provincial legislation and consumer fascination with our brewing heritage has led to a revival in the last few years of traditional English real ales and some lagers brewed by micro breweries and brew pubs. To date most of these facilities have been popular. Only time will tell if they are a fad - or the beginning of a new brewery tradition. Their success, however will only be evident if the major breweries declare it necessary to protect their pasteurized beer trade by also brewing traditional beer."

Obviously it was not a fad and the last line shows that author Ian Bowring was quite prophetic!
A walk of a thousand miles begins with a single step

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

I like Garrett Oliver's comment that "craft beer" isn't a fad at all, but a return to beer normalcy - many small brewers brewing many beers.
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John