Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Michigan brewers guild beer festivals

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

LondonBeer

Michigan brewers guild beer festivals

Post by LondonBeer »

Anyone ever been to the summer one? Thinking of going but haven't heard much about it.

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

Went like 4 years ago now and it was awesome. Transportation was kind of brutal though. Cabs in that are seem to be of variable reliability. I was looking at going last summer and there appears to be a local bus that would take you there from Ann Arbor though.

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

I`ve been to them and they are shit shows. The first one I was at had essentially no beer under 7% and we were there all day and still made it out alive.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

I've been to the summer one twice. Two of the best beer festival experiences I've ever had. Great beer, great atmosphere, great people. Highly recommended!

Derek
Beer Superstar

Post by Derek »

They're awesome... LOTS of great beer in Michigan.

Yeah, that first winter fest was crazy. There was actually one guy puking on the way out.

The summer fest is much larger, more spacious and relaxed. That's actually where I met a lot of Bartoweler's for the first time (including Greg & Jeremy)... that was 2006, when I was still in London.

LondonBeer

Post by LondonBeer »

Sounds like a good time. Any hotel recommendations in ypsilanti or area? I really don't want to drive

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

There are a couple B&Bs really close, but I expect they book up super fast.

LondonBeer

Post by LondonBeer »

Looks like we are prob going. For people who have been, how bad is it to get transportation to/ from ann arbor? As much fun as walking 10 miles sounds I would rather get a ride

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

Cabs in Ann Arbor are sketchy. Our last trip we had no problem getting into town, but trying to get a cab home from downtown didn't work out so well.
I think there was a pubic bus that goes past the festival grounds though when I looked last.

LondonBeer

Post by LondonBeer »

JerCraigs wrote:Cabs in Ann Arbor are sketchy. Our last trip we had no problem getting into town, but trying to get a cab home from downtown didn't work out so well.
I think there was a pubic bus that goes past the festival grounds though when I looked last.
Thanks

andrewrg
Bar Fly

Post by andrewrg »

I try to avoid riding the pubic bus, but your mileage may vary.