Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

St Pattys Day brews

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

G.M. Gillman
Seasoned Drinker

Post by G.M. Gillman »

A pint of Fuller London Porter last night at Dora Keough. This beer always tastes best to me at this pub, not sure if it is the turnover or what, but it's always fresh and creamy with good complexity for a keg beer.

Gary
Gary Gillman

Streets

Post by Streets »

Dogfish posted this on facebook. Not a bad list actually...

http://www.esquire.com/blogs/food-for-m ... rs-7358866

Derek
Beer Superstar

Post by Derek »

Derek wrote:2012 Driftwood Singularity.
This is so awesome. I opened it at lunch thinking that I wouldn't want to drink it all at once... bottle is almost gone.

Derek
Beer Superstar

Post by Derek »

Grand River posted this on Facebook...

Happy St. Patrick’s Day everyone

In honour of our very special fungal friend saccharomyces cerevisiae (Brewer’s Yeast) on this most festive of days check out this nerdy St. Patrick’s Day tribute.

Torontoblue
Beer Superstar

Post by Torontoblue »

Derek wrote:
Derek wrote:2012 Driftwood Singularity.
This is so awesome. I opened it at lunch thinking that I wouldn't want to drink it all at once... bottle is almost gone.
Getting my 3 Singularity on Monday, along with 3 new bottles of Megadestroyer. Can't wait!!

notdan

Post by notdan »

Not the best St. Paddy's.

Had a quick pint of Guinness at Grumpy's (in Montreal) but spent the rest of the day writing code for a Computational Fluid Dynamics project. At least I finally got it working. Celebrating now with some Jameson. Will likely crack a Trois-Pistoles after that.

Pee Ess. Grumpy's recently added St. Ambroise IPA and St. Ambroise Scotch Ale on tap. There's obviously plenty of better beer destinations in Montreal, but if you're stuck around Crescent/Bishop, it's not too shabby.

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

St. Ambroise Oatmeal Stout with some steak and Guiness pie for dinner - then had some left over Creme Brulee Stout while we watched a VHS copy of Bamboozled!
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

Garthicus

Post by Garthicus »

icemachine wrote:Oh and this really should get a mention http://paddynotpatty.com/
Thanks! :)
"A pint is too much, but I do not mind pickles" and " even more synthetic (and natural) aroma."

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

Garthicus wrote:
icemachine wrote:Oh and this really should get a mention http://paddynotpatty.com/
Thanks! :)
ill never make that mistake again :oops: