Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Muskoka canned Mad Tom

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Derek
Beer Superstar

Muskoka canned Mad Tom

Post by Derek »

No they didn't axe it... it'll be available in cans!

saints_gambit
Bar Fly

Post by saints_gambit »

Derek wrote:No they didn't axe it... it'll be available in cans!
Should be just excellent.
saintjohnswort.ca

NRman
Bar Fly

Post by NRman »

liamt07
Bar Fly

Post by liamt07 »

NRman wrote:Image
looks fantastic. cannot wait to git' some in me.

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

NRman wrote:Image
^ do want ^

TheBeeraholic
Bar Fly

Post by TheBeeraholic »

YES! I asked about this on their FB page a while back! Can't wait to get some. Any idea when this will be at the LC?

BrausBackinTown

Post by BrausBackinTown »

oh, this is just excellent news!

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

I'm guessing soon, that looks like a can that has been filled and chilled.
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

cratez
Beer Superstar

Post by cratez »

My impression of Mad Tom has improved dramtically and it's now a staple in my fridge. Looks like this will be rolling out at the same time that the Headstock, Hops & Robbers, and August Ale cans will be hitting the shelves, so that'll make for a nice mixed 4 pack.

Quick question for those in the know: I believe Mad Tom had Sorachi Ace hops when it was first released, but now only uses Chinook and Centennial. Would this explain the improvement that I've noticed? I remember the beer having some musty, grassy, and earthy English IPA qualities when it debuted and it struck me as a very muddled attempt at a U.S. IPA. By contrast, the current version is bang on for the style. Just wondering whether that's due to a change in hops or if I simply had a few compromised sixers in the beginning.
"Bar people do not live as long as vegan joggers. However, they have more fun." - Bruce Elliott

Peter Collins

Post by Peter Collins »

Does anyone know if it will it still be available in bottles? I love cans for my beer but I love the Mad Tom bottles for the easy removal of labels for my own brews. :D

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

Peter Collins wrote:Does anyone know if it will it still be available in bottles? I love cans for my beer but I love the Mad Tom bottles for the easy removal of labels for my own brews. :D
the Cream and Lager are in both formats, I dont see them ditching the bottles

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

They said on FB they will keep bottles
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

Peter Collins

Post by Peter Collins »

matt7215 wrote:the Cream and Lager are in both formats, I dont see them ditching the bottles
Yeah, I'm just not a fan of those brews. I'd rather have a win/win with buying a beer I really like AND it comes in a perfect bottle for me. It's almost like getting beer for free! LOL

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

Peter Collins wrote:
matt7215 wrote:the Cream and Lager are in both formats, I dont see them ditching the bottles
Yeah, I'm just not a fan of those brews. I'd rather have a win/win with buying a beer I really like AND it comes in a perfect bottle for me. It's almost like getting beer for free! LOL
i was more pointing out that i didnt think Muskoka would stop bottling Mad Tom, which according to icemachine, they are going to continue with Mad Tom in both formats

i love Mad Tom for homebrew bottles as well, and agree that the beer that comes inside the bottles is a nice little bonus in itself

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

I think I'm going to buy more Mad Tom now that it's in cans...It's dumb, but I just don't buy a lot of it in the six pack format...
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John