Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Beertown - Grand Opening Cambridge

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

dyet

Beertown - Grand Opening Cambridge

Post by dyet »

Haven't been yet, FINALLY Cambridge has another establishment where you can find a good variety.

From the website you can get samplers too.

http://www.beertown.ca/BT-Menu.htm

Location (the old Kelsey's)
1A-561 Hespeler Road
Cambridge, Ontario N1R 6J4
p.519.629.0288 f.519.629-0291

Here is the draught listing and pricing.

Cobblestone Stout 6.95

Kilkenny Cream Ale 7.45

Smashbomb Atomic I.P.A. 7.45

Hawaiian Pale Ale 7.45

Tankhouse Ale 6.95

Innis & Gunn Original Scotch Ale 7.45

Muskoka Cream Ale 6.45

Stiegl Premuim Lager 7.95

English Bay Pale Ale 6.45

Waterloo Dark Lager 6.45

Palm Ale 7.95

Delirium Tremens 7.45

Barking Squirrel Lager 6.45

Okanagan Spring Pale Ale 6.45

Sleeman Honey Brown Lager 6.45

Heineken Lager 7.95

Beaus Lug•Tread Lagered Ale 6.45

Steam Whistle Pilsner 6.45

Sapporo Biru Lager 6.45

Stock Ale 6.95

Creemore Springs Premium Lager 6.45

Organic Lager 6.95

Erdinger Weissbier 7.45

Rickards White 6.45

Somersby Cider 5.95

Früli Premium Strawberry Beer 6.45

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

so is this place open then??

dyet

Post by dyet »

Yep! according to there post on Facebook about an hour ago.

"WE ARE OPEN!!!! Check out our bar selection here! http://www.beertown.ca/BT-Menu.htm "

Derek
Beer Superstar

Post by Derek »

That's crazy awesome... what's the other place?

My hometown seems to be evolving.

xocoatl

Post by xocoatl »

Went with a coworker last night. We sat at one of the three booths with taps at the tables. Currently, our tap was okanagan spring pale (other tables were a sleeman product, and soporo). We were the first customers to use one of the table taps :)

You order by the pint, and they turn on the tap which has a digital flow meter.

Big selection of bottled products, but nothing you can't get from the LCBO/beer store. I suggested to the beverage manager that he get in contact with the various importers to start getting in products that don't hit the LCBO.

Food was good. Will be back again, and hopefully they start getting some interesting things on in the way of seasonal taps and bottles from private order/consignment.
Last edited by xocoatl on Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cratez
Beer Superstar

Post by cratez »

Nothing will replace the Kiwi, and the prices seem pretty steep ($7.45 for Smash Bomb?), but I'd drink any of these:
dyet wrote: Cobblestone Stout 6.95
Delirium Tremens 7.45
Hawaiian Pale Ale 7.45
Tankhouse Ale 6.95
Beaus LugTread Lagered Ale 6.45
Erdinger Weissbier 7.45
Plus more quality beer spots in more Ontario cities can only benefit selection, education, and innovation over time.

My only question is, why the hell is Grand River not on tap?
"Bar people do not live as long as vegan joggers. However, they have more fun." - Bruce Elliott

Kish84
Bar Fly

Post by Kish84 »

cratez wrote:Nothing will replace the Kiwi, and the prices seem pretty steep ($7.45 for Smash Bomb?), but I'd drink any of these:
The new owners at the Kiwi have added some macro to the line up. I haven't been there since Len and Judie's last day, and don't think I will make an attempt to go there.

cratez
Beer Superstar

Post by cratez »

Kish84 wrote: The new owners at the Kiwi have added some macro to the line up. I haven't been there since Len and Judie's last day, and don't think I will make an attempt to go there.
That's what I meant by "replace" i.e. making up for the loss of the Golden Kiwi as we knew it (a micro haven). Matt told me that it's almost all macro now, so I perceive the place as being dead and gone. Could be wrong, though, since I haven't been there in a year.
"Bar people do not live as long as vegan joggers. However, they have more fun." - Bruce Elliott

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

cratez wrote:Nothing will replace the Kiwi, and the prices seem pretty steep ($7.45 for Smash Bomb?), but I'd drink any of these:
dyet wrote: Cobblestone Stout 6.95
Delirium Tremens 7.45
Hawaiian Pale Ale 7.45
Tankhouse Ale 6.95
Beaus LugTread Lagered Ale 6.45
Erdinger Weissbier 7.45
Plus more quality beer spots in more Ontario cities can only benefit selection, education, and innovation over time.

My only question is, why the hell is Grand River not on tap?
GR probably didnt buy there way into the tap lineup, i know Charcoal Group can be an expensive place to be on tap

do they have GR bottles?

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

cratez wrote:
Kish84 wrote: The new owners at the Kiwi have added some macro to the line up. I haven't been there since Len and Judie's last day, and don't think I will make an attempt to go there.
That's what I meant by "replace" i.e. making up for the loss of the Golden Kiwi as we knew it (a micro haven). Matt told me that it's almost all macro now, so I perceive the place as being dead and gone. Could be wrong, though, since I haven't been there in a year.
Mike, let me know if you are going to check out the new Beer Town location I believe I owe you a beer or 7

Derek
Beer Superstar

Post by Derek »

cratez wrote: the prices seem pretty steep ($7.45 for Smash Bomb?)
That's not too bad if it's a 20 oz pour, but yeah, it's getting up there.

Here in Kelowna I recently paid $7.99 for a small BOTTLE of Granville. When the menu said local bottles from $4.99, I really didn't expect that.

:-?

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

Isn't Kokanee the local beer there :P
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

Peter Collins

Post by Peter Collins »

matt7215 wrote:
GR probably didnt buy there way into the tap lineup, i know Charcoal Group can be an expensive place to be on tap

do they have GR bottles?
Yes, Plowman's and MRM.

Kish84
Bar Fly

Post by Kish84 »

cratez wrote:Matt told me that it's almost all macro now, so I perceive the place as being dead and gone. Could be wrong, though, since I haven't been there in a year.
That's what I thought, but I took a look at the menu and they still have some OCB stuff listed.

As for Beer Town, some friends and I are heading there sometime on Friday, most likely for lunch, but if anyone wants to have an impromptu meetup we can plan around that.

jprime

Post by jprime »

xocoatl wrote:Went with a coworker last night. We sat at one of the three booths with taps at the tables. Currently, our tap was okanagan spring pale (other tables were a sleeman product, and soporo). We were the first customers to use one of the table taps :)

You order by the pint, and they turn on the tap which has a digital flow meter.

Big selection of bottled products, but nothing you can't get from the LCBO/beer store. I suggested to the beverage manager that he get in contact with the various importers to start getting in products that don't hit the LCBO.

Food was good. Will be back again, and hopefully they start getting some interesting things on in the way of seasonal taps and bottles from private order/consignment.
Where have you been hiding Walter. You need to come over to the new house in the near future.