Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Ottawa Area Group next meeting

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

The Mick

Ottawa Area Group next meeting

Post by The Mick »

Hey Guys,

Last time was great and there hasn't been any talk about a future get together yet, so I thought I'd start this thread as it seemed like we're due for another one soon. I was wondering if anyone would be interested in getting a group together to head up to Session in Toronto on June 23? We could rent a small bus to take us and come back the same day if there is enough of us, or we could carpool up and split on some rooms depending on schedules. Would be a great chance to try some beers and probably meet some Toronto BTers as well.

Any interest in something like this?
I don't always drink beer ... because sometimes my friends win and we have to go to macro-only establishments.

iguenard
Seasoned Drinker

Post by iguenard »

Not sure for the trip, though it could be fun, but how about June 15th for the next Ottawa tasting?

nickelass
Bar Fly

Post by nickelass »

I'll host! Everyone bring sleeping bags! My new place is also right around the corner from Bellwoods.
"You wanna talk some jive? I'll talk some jive. I'll talk some jive like you've never heard!"

pushkinwow

Post by pushkinwow »

I think that would work for me - Friday night I'd probably show up after the little guy goes to sleep but that still around 7:30 or 8. Anyone want to carpool (don't think I can do the sleeping bag thing but thanks for the offer).

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

I'm in for another Ottawa tasting

Lubiere

Post by Lubiere »

Im in for a tasting on the 15th.

As for the Session, I was actually looking for someone to go with, to share the boring drive to TO.

Probably would be in sharing hotel room (TO is always cheap...around 115$)...I vote for in on Saturday, leaving Sunday PM....

iguenard
Seasoned Drinker

Post by iguenard »

Lets not mix two things. The TO trip should be a seperate thread. Nickelass I beleive was offering to host in TO.

For the Ottawa tasting, we need a host, but we also need a theme. I'll see with the wife if I can host, though it may be a little out of the way for some of the less adventurous who dont want to make it out to the QC.

I'd suggest a style-themed tasting... saisons. IPAs, Stouts, scotch ales, barrel aged anythings, sours, but not malt liquors... lets keep that for later in the summer :)

Nikelass, tell me if I misunderstood.

pushkinwow

Post by pushkinwow »

iguenard wrote:Lets not mix two things. The TO trip should be a seperate thread. Nickelass I beleive was offering to host in TO.

For the Ottawa tasting, we need a host, but we also need a theme. I'll see with the wife if I can host, though it may be a little out of the way for some of the less adventurous who dont want to make it out to the QC.

I'd suggest a style-themed tasting... saisons. IPAs, Stouts, scotch ales, barrel aged anythings, sours, but not malt liquors... lets keep that for later in the summer :)

Nick can clarify but Ian I think he meant hosting the tasting since bellwoods in near bell's corner.

probstk

Post by probstk »

June 15th should work for me too.

probstk

Post by probstk »

pushkinwow wrote:
iguenard wrote:Lets not mix two things. The TO trip should be a seperate thread. Nickelass I beleive was offering to host in TO.

Nick can clarify but Ian I think he meant hosting the tasting since bellwoods in near bell's corner.
My money's on Bellwoods Brewery on Ossington Ave in T.O.

pushkinwow

Post by pushkinwow »

probstk wrote:
pushkinwow wrote:

My money's on Bellwoods Brewery on Ossington Ave in T.O.
Nuts...we may have a winner

iguenard
Seasoned Drinker

Post by iguenard »

Regardless, we are 5 so far, good enough for a tasting.

Maybe Zuma can chime in on hosting... he mentioned it last time, and I owe him some money, so would be good opportunity for both ;)

pushkinwow

Post by pushkinwow »

iguenard wrote:Regardless, we are 5 so far, good enough for a tasting.

Maybe Zuma can chime in on hosting... he mentioned it last time, and I owe him some money, so would be good opportunity for both ;)
I may be more iffy then originally planned - its father's day weekend and we have to head to Hamilton...hoping to leave on Saturday though so we shall see.

Are we doing a theme or random beer? At some point this summer we definitely need to do malt liquor and non-alcoholic beer. We could also do worst beers in your cellar...I have a bottle of Sam Adams Triple Bock that might be hard to beat although I was saving it for a special occasion.

Zuma

Post by Zuma »

I have a Radiohead concert in Montreal on June 15th.

probstk

Post by probstk »

pushkinwow wrote:

I may be more iffy then originally planned - its father's day weekend and we have to head to Hamilton...hoping to leave on Saturday though so we shall see.
Ooops. Forgot about Father's Day. Will be out of town. Boo.