Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Craft brewers at Molson Indy

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

Cass wrote:I guess this experiment didn't last :)
Molson Coors returns to IndyCar racing
with new Honda Indy Toronto partnership
It's all about the Bordens and "sponsor activation"
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

tuqueboy wrote:
Tapsucker wrote:Driving around in circles in a billboard wasting gas. How 21st century. :roll:
Actually, the IndyCars use oxygen and hydrogen -- not gasoline. Thus, the vapours they produce are none other than good ol H20. Noise pollution? Now that's another story...
As one who lives a hop, skip and a jump from the Exhibition grounds, I can attest to the noise factor. It's ear splitting at times.

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

Malcolm wrote:
tuqueboy wrote:
Tapsucker wrote:Driving around in circles in a billboard wasting gas. How 21st century. :roll:
Actually, the IndyCars use oxygen and hydrogen -- not gasoline. Thus, the vapours they produce are none other than good ol H20. Noise pollution? Now that's another story...
As one who lives a hop, skip and a jump from the Exhibition grounds, I can attest to the noise factor. It's ear splitting at times.
Indycars actually run on everyone's favourite substance - Ethanol (Technically E85 so it provides visible flame if a fire occurs)
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

Malcolm wrote:
tuqueboy wrote:
Many years ago, sadly ahead of craft beer being available there, I had a seat at the starting/finishing line. The thought of bringing ear plugs (stupidly) didn't cross my mind. :o
lister

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

As someone who was never really big into INDY or other car races....I didn't realize it was such a "not as cool as it used to be" thing.
I imagine many other people are the same as me....so good on Amsterdam and Muskoka!