beer at the ballpark

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: GregClow, Cass

velovampire
Seasoned Drinker
Posts: 1079
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:12 pm
Location: Parkdale

Postby velovampire » Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:20 pm

bufordsbest wrote:going to a jays game in a couple weeks, hoping it's cool or raining so i can wear a hoody and sneak some cans in my hood.

At your own peril. I wore a hoodie last time I went and got patted down. Nothing to declare, but if they do find something, you'll likely be ejected.
bufordsbest
Posts: 128
Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:13 pm

Postby bufordsbest » Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:11 pm

velovampire wrote:
bufordsbest wrote:going to a jays game in a couple weeks, hoping it's cool or raining so i can wear a hoody and sneak some cans in my hood.

At your own peril. I wore a hoodie last time I went and got patted down. Nothing to declare, but if they do find something, you'll likely be ejected.


doh! last few games i've went to i walked in without a 2nd look. i cursed myself for taking in some cans while i drank a $10 stella.
S. St. Jeb
Bar Fly
Posts: 813
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:44 pm
Location: Burlington, ON

Postby S. St. Jeb » Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:16 pm

electroluminescent wrote:The editor must have taken this line out.. 'In Toronto's Rogers Center fans are treated to $10 tall boys of Bud'


Went to my first Jays game in many, many, many, years on Sunday. You underestimate. $10.50 a beer. Painful.
electroluminescent
Posts: 74
Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:45 am
Location: Hamilton, ON

Postby electroluminescent » Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:19 pm

Went to Wrigley on Sunday, couldn't find a decent beer anywhere 'premium' beers were $8 but man what a place to see a game!
TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar
Posts: 2584
Joined: Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:40 pm
Location: Mississauga
Contact:

Postby TheSevenDuffs » Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:50 pm

I recently saw the Jays AA team play in Manchester, NH and was happy to find Smuttnose Finest Kind IPA on tap along with SN Pale Ale and Harpoon IPA.
User avatar
TwoPint
Posts: 250
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:15 am
Location: at large

Postby TwoPint » Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:15 am

rudolf wrote:Consumers now has a stand at the Buffalo ballpark offering draft beer. I haven't been to a game yet this year so I don't know what they're offering, but since you could already get Great Lakes (Ohio) last year, I would imagine they have to tasty selections.

-rudy

I was at the Bisons game last night and am happy to report that the craft beer stand had the following at $6.75 for 20oz:

Saranac Blueberry Blonde Ale
Long Trail Double Play
Rusty Chain
Brooklyn Summer Ale
Buffalo Lager
Great Lakes Commodore Perry
Founders Red's Rye Ale
Pyramid Curve Ball
Flying Bison Kolsch
Pyramid Hefeweizen
Long Trail Scotch Ale

And when I was last at the Irish Times pub across the street from the ballpark back in '07, the best I could get on draft was Yuengling and Blue Moon. This time they had Harpoon IPA and Pyramid Curve Ball.
S. St. Jeb
Bar Fly
Posts: 813
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:44 pm
Location: Burlington, ON

Postby S. St. Jeb » Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:00 pm

TwoPint wrote:
rudolf wrote:Consumers now has a stand at the Buffalo ballpark offering draft beer. I haven't been to a game yet this year so I don't know what they're offering, but since you could already get Great Lakes (Ohio) last year, I would imagine they have to tasty selections.

-rudy

I was at the Bisons game last night and am happy to report that the craft beer stand had the following at $6.75 for 20oz:

Saranac Blueberry Blonde Ale
Long Trail Double Play
Rusty Chain
Brooklyn Summer Ale
Buffalo Lager
Great Lakes Commodore Perry
Founders Red's Rye Ale
Pyramid Curve Ball
Flying Bison Kolsch
Pyramid Hefeweizen
Long Trail Scotch Ale

And when I was last at the Irish Times pub across the street from the ballpark back in '07, the best I could get on draft was Yuengling and Blue Moon. This time they had Harpoon IPA and Pyramid Curve Ball.


Awesome. Am going to have to consider going to a Bison's game.
User avatar
Kish84
Bar Fly
Posts: 602
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:41 pm
Location: Kitchener

Postby Kish84 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:37 am

It's official, the Buffalo Bison are the new AAA affiliate of the Jay's.

I can see more trips to Buffalo next spring/summer.
icemachine
Beer Superstar
Posts: 2637
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:20 am
Location: Aurora, ON
Contact:

Postby icemachine » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:38 am

Kish84 wrote:It's official, the Buffalo Bison are the new AAA affiliate of the Jay's.

I can see more trips to Buffalo next spring/summer.


Yup, looking forward to it
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole
sprague11
Seasoned Drinker
Posts: 1906
Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:37 pm
Location: Newmarket, ON

Postby sprague11 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:00 pm

I'll be glad to drive down a few times to catch the baby Jays.
User avatar
Cass
Beer Superstar
Posts: 3301
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2001 7:00 pm
Location: Toronto
Contact:

Postby Cass » Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:40 pm

Baseball is back!

BlogTO posted this today:

http://www.blogto.com/eat_drink/2013/03 ... ays_games/

And the president of the San Diego Padres tweeted this today:

https://twitter.com/TomGarfinkel/status ... 99/photo/1

Sigh.
JeffPorter
Beer Superstar
Posts: 2552
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:39 am
Location: Brampton, ON

Postby JeffPorter » Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:10 pm

Cass wrote:Baseball is back!

BlogTO posted this today:

http://www.blogto.com/eat_drink/2013/03 ... ays_games/

And the president of the San Diego Padres tweeted this today:

https://twitter.com/TomGarfinkel/status ... 99/photo/1

Sigh.


Steamwhistle on tap is a pretty nice step. No Ballast Point, but a a great summery beer for what's going to be an awesome year of ball.

Just signed up to coach my son's softball team, so that'll be interesting...
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John
User avatar
zombi69
Posts: 122
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:15 pm
Location: Burlington

Postby zombi69 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:51 pm

Just saw a Jays game there in Dunedin, there they have a craft beer lounge which had a nice selection of local and other micro brews. Sadly I don't think you can take them out of the lounge.
midlife crisis
Seasoned Drinker
Posts: 1966
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2004 7:00 pm
Location: Toronto

Postby midlife crisis » Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:19 am

Not exactly Safeco Field, where I enjoyed Elysian Immortal IPA at a game last season, but it's a good start! Hell of a lot better than TFC / MLSE throwing over Carlsberg for Bud. Ugh!
User avatar
El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker
Posts: 1405
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2005 6:02 pm
Location: Downtown TO / Galapagos Islands
Contact:

Postby El Pinguino » Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:31 am

Good news about the Steam Whistle.
I saw an interview with Beeston and apparently the outfield area - where Windows restaurant was - will be totally opened up for walking around and watching the game. Would be great to turn it into a Craft beer garden.

I used to always go to the 'Roastery' behind homeplate level 100 to get Hoegaarden at games the past few years. Seems like the Roastery isn't around this year though.

Return to “Random Talk”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest