Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

beer at the ballpark

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

velovampire
Seasoned Drinker

Post by velovampire »

bufordsbest wrote:going to a jays game in a couple weeks, hoping it's cool or raining so i can wear a hoody and sneak some cans in my hood.
At your own peril. I wore a hoodie last time I went and got patted down. Nothing to declare, but if they do find something, you'll likely be ejected.

bufordsbest

Post by bufordsbest »

velovampire wrote:
bufordsbest wrote:going to a jays game in a couple weeks, hoping it's cool or raining so i can wear a hoody and sneak some cans in my hood.
At your own peril. I wore a hoodie last time I went and got patted down. Nothing to declare, but if they do find something, you'll likely be ejected.
doh! last few games i've went to i walked in without a 2nd look. i cursed myself for taking in some cans while i drank a $10 stella.

S. St. Jeb
Seasoned Drinker

Post by S. St. Jeb »

electroluminescent wrote:The editor must have taken this line out.. 'In Toronto's Rogers Center fans are treated to $10 tall boys of Bud'
Went to my first Jays game in many, many, many, years on Sunday. You underestimate. $10.50 a beer. Painful.

electroluminescent

Post by electroluminescent »

Went to Wrigley on Sunday, couldn't find a decent beer anywhere 'premium' beers were $8 but man what a place to see a game!

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

I recently saw the Jays AA team play in Manchester, NH and was happy to find Smuttnose Finest Kind IPA on tap along with SN Pale Ale and Harpoon IPA.

TwoPint

Post by TwoPint »

rudolf wrote: Consumers now has a stand at the Buffalo ballpark offering draft beer. I haven't been to a game yet this year so I don't know what they're offering, but since you could already get Great Lakes (Ohio) last year, I would imagine they have to tasty selections.

-rudy
I was at the Bisons game last night and am happy to report that the craft beer stand had the following at $6.75 for 20oz:

Saranac Blueberry Blonde Ale
Long Trail Double Play
Rusty Chain
Brooklyn Summer Ale
Buffalo Lager
Great Lakes Commodore Perry
Founders Red's Rye Ale
Pyramid Curve Ball
Flying Bison Kolsch
Pyramid Hefeweizen
Long Trail Scotch Ale

And when I was last at the Irish Times pub across the street from the ballpark back in '07, the best I could get on draft was Yuengling and Blue Moon. This time they had Harpoon IPA and Pyramid Curve Ball.

S. St. Jeb
Seasoned Drinker

Post by S. St. Jeb »

TwoPint wrote:
rudolf wrote: Consumers now has a stand at the Buffalo ballpark offering draft beer. I haven't been to a game yet this year so I don't know what they're offering, but since you could already get Great Lakes (Ohio) last year, I would imagine they have to tasty selections.

-rudy
I was at the Bisons game last night and am happy to report that the craft beer stand had the following at $6.75 for 20oz:

Saranac Blueberry Blonde Ale
Long Trail Double Play
Rusty Chain
Brooklyn Summer Ale
Buffalo Lager
Great Lakes Commodore Perry
Founders Red's Rye Ale
Pyramid Curve Ball
Flying Bison Kolsch
Pyramid Hefeweizen
Long Trail Scotch Ale

And when I was last at the Irish Times pub across the street from the ballpark back in '07, the best I could get on draft was Yuengling and Blue Moon. This time they had Harpoon IPA and Pyramid Curve Ball.
Awesome. Am going to have to consider going to a Bison's game.

Kish84
Bar Fly

Post by Kish84 »

It's official, the Buffalo Bison are the new AAA affiliate of the Jay's.

I can see more trips to Buffalo next spring/summer.

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

Kish84 wrote:It's official, the Buffalo Bison are the new AAA affiliate of the Jay's.

I can see more trips to Buffalo next spring/summer.
Yup, looking forward to it
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

sprague11
Seasoned Drinker

Post by sprague11 »

I'll be glad to drive down a few times to catch the baby Jays.

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Baseball is back!

BlogTO posted this today:

http://www.blogto.com/eat_drink/2013/03 ... ays_games/

And the president of the San Diego Padres tweeted this today:

Sigh.

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

Cass wrote:Baseball is back!

BlogTO posted this today:

http://www.blogto.com/eat_drink/2013/03 ... ays_games/

And the president of the San Diego Padres tweeted this today:

Sigh.
Steamwhistle on tap is a pretty nice step. No Ballast Point, but a a great summery beer for what's going to be an awesome year of ball.

Just signed up to coach my son's softball team, so that'll be interesting...
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

zombi69

Post by zombi69 »

Just saw a Jays game there in Dunedin, there they have a craft beer lounge which had a nice selection of local and other micro brews. Sadly I don't think you can take them out of the lounge.

midlife crisis
Beer Superstar

Post by midlife crisis »

Not exactly Safeco Field, where I enjoyed Elysian Immortal IPA at a game last season, but it's a good start! Hell of a lot better than TFC / MLSE throwing over Carlsberg for Bud. Ugh!

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

Good news about the Steam Whistle.
I saw an interview with Beeston and apparently the outfield area - where Windows restaurant was - will be totally opened up for walking around and watching the game. Would be great to turn it into a Craft beer garden.

I used to always go to the 'Roastery' behind homeplate level 100 to get Hoegaarden at games the past few years. Seems like the Roastery isn't around this year though.