Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Victory HopDevil

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

esprit
Seasoned Drinker

Post by esprit »

Just an FYI for all of you HopDevil fans, we received confirmation today from the LCBO that they will include it in their March 6, 2002 Pale Ale promotion. Tentative retail price is $2.35 which I understand is comparable to what it sells for in the U.S..

Peter

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Outstanding news Peter, thanks. HopDevil is a fantastic beer, one which will definitely help ease the winter blues come next March.

And the price you mentioned is almost exactly the equivalent of its cost at Premier in Buffalo. But we're getting a better deal, since buying it in Buffalo would incur border taxes, taking it above $2.35.

Manul

Post by Manul »

This is the best beer news I got this year. Hopefully LCBO will order enough of it.

Jon Walker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Jon Walker »

Fantastic news! Is there any chance of ordering a few cases through Esprit either beforehand or during the big LCBO order???

Regards,
Jon Walker

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

I believe we will have to order at least 5 cases of any other brand to include it with the HopDevil shipment.

Perhaps some of us from the forum can split a 5-case order amongst us. Personally I'd love some Storm King or Old Horizontal.

Manul

Post by Manul »

I'm interested in two cases of hopdevil and maybe one of old horizontal.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Manul on 2001-09-20 11:00 ]</font>

Josh Oakes

Post by Josh Oakes »

I could see myself getting in on a little Horizontal action, so to speak.

esprit
Seasoned Drinker

Post by esprit »

The only economically feasible way to bring in small orders from any U.S. microbrewery is to piggyback it on a larger LCBO order, otherwise, freight charges are staggering and usually several times the cost of the beer itself. We will be shipping the HopDevil to the LCBO during the first week of January 2002 so any special orders would have to be placed in early December. The LCBO will be ordering about 200 cases of HopDevil of which about 125 cases will be forced out to the stores upon release in March leaving about 75 cases available for subsequent orders. Anyone wanting to stock up is suggested to contact their local store manager in early March and ask them to place a special order on their behalf and you should have no problems getting the cases you need, therefore, it doesn't make sense for us to do any private orders for HopDevil from the brewery.
As for any of their other brews, we will check with the brewery regarding their willingness to do this since they will have to strip-label the bottles with required Canadian info. and they may not be willing to do this for small quantities. We will, however, check with them. If they are willing, we'll need firm orders with deposit payments by late November. I'll keep you posted.

Peter

Jon Walker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Jon Walker »

Interesting! I wouldn't get your hopes up for the Storm King though. According to the Victory website they only brew it August through October. By the time this order is likely to ship, and providing they will do all the special labelling Peter described, I doubt they will have any Storm King left in stock. The Horizontal might be more likely as it is seasonally brewed over the time the LCBO shipment is scheduled.

I guess I'll do as Peter suggested and just order several cases of the HopDevil a few weeks prior to its arrival.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jon Walker on 2001-09-20 13:43 ]</font>