Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Beer Store Scam

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Rob Creighton
Bar Fly

Post by Rob Creighton »

Financial wizard I'm not but read the story in yesterday's Globe & Mail
http://www.globeandmail.com/servlet/Art ... query=beer
and tell me that this could not possibly happen.
A non-profit corporation that was established to control the distribution of beer throughout the province can all of a sudden be turned into a cash cow for the big 3? Is this possible??
Perhaps Ken Woods can reach into his previous life and offer some speculative enlightenment as to the possibilities here. My revolutionary nature says that if they can create this income trust, then the game is over and the general public should be able to open alternatives that could compete and generate profits. It's all or nothing in my mind and if they can do it, then so can we.