Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Who drank what during the blackout?

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Zymurgy

Post by Zymurgy »

With little else to do but watch the pints in your fridge warm up to real ale like temperatures, what did you drink during the blackout?

Myself I had a Gordon's Finest Red and a Smuttynose. How about you?

Cheers,

Geoffrey

Gunny

Post by Gunny »

Started with two bottles of Goose Island IPA, enjoyed the Cactus Parade with the kids, returned home and shared a bottle of la Terrible with a friend and closed the night with several drams of 18yo Macallan. Man, what a night. I thoroughly enjoyed the quiet accompanied by the astral light show that we so often take for granted.

Slainte,
Jeff

Rob Creighton
Bar Fly

Post by Rob Creighton »

While pondering the stars last night about 1 am, I enhanced my ponderings with 2 Wellington SPA's off the shelf (we banned opening the fridge). I really enjoyed them and may try this more often.

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

I had a Sam Smith's Organic Lager with our BBQed dinner, and some Raison d'Etre later in the evening while eating blueberries and listening to the radio.

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

Taiwan Beer, Church Key Holy Smoke, and an Almaza.

an interesting mix to say the least.

Andicus
Bar Fly

Post by Andicus »

We were pretty lucky and only went about 3 or 4 hours without power. But just to err on the side of caution I had my last Creemore lager from the fridge. :smile:

Andrew

smoother

Post by smoother »

well...ummmm..I was sipping on a Maudite in Yellowknife..watching CBC news on TV.....Does that count :wink:

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

My power just came back on! Glad to see bartowel.com survived! :smile:

Last night, I had a DFH Raison D'Etre, a Victory Old Horizontal and Black Oak Pale Ale with a friend down the street.

Publican

Post by Publican »

Had a Samuel Smith IPA. What I'll have post blackout tonight: Sierra Nevada Pale Ale and a unknown Saranac beer. Beer wise this week has been great for me 3 diffrent people have returned from travels and offered to share thier beer booty with me. I've got to do more traveling soon myself. I wish it was England but most likley will be Detroit or Buffalo.

Auburntramp

Post by Auburntramp »

Well, it was almost a crisis situation, but I had a 750 of KLB Trent Valley Lager from KLB, (I think I have the last three ever in my fridge and Maudite keeps threatining my life over them), Also the latest batch of Pale (specially mmm), Grabbed a Brugel from somewhere in my fridge. I did stare deeply into my last bottle of Unibroue 11, but I may wait until 13 or another blackout to crank that puppy open.

scott097

Post by scott097 »

The beer fridge was off limits... Not to be opened even to check the temperature. A boring night spent contemplating whether or not to get smashed. All I could think about was knocking back a bunch of Imperial Stouts that are littlering my fridge. The DFH World Wide Stout would have capped the night off perfectly, but since I banned my fridge from myself, I stayed dry mouthed and went to bed at 10:00.

esprit
Seasoned Drinker

Post by esprit »

Enjoyed a Pale Ale and a Red Ale at the Greenwich Village Brewing Company on 6th Ave. and 9th St. in New York City and then walked back to my hotel and trudged up 21 floors in pitch black staircase to get to a very hot hotel room.

Peter

Uncle Bobby

Post by Uncle Bobby »

I am marching through a backlog of beers left over from my birthday. So it was chilly, dew-dappled Steamwhistles on the patio of my condo while reading to the diminishing sunlight.

Some friends were very upset on Friday to discover that the Spadina Beer Store was not deemed an essential provincial service.

Kent

Post by Kent »

Had a cask pale ale and imperial stout (not cask) at Redwood Lodge in Flint MI where the power was not affected :grin:

freesia

Post by freesia »

I had a Bellevue Kriek, considered having a second, but then thought I should conserve all my beer, should the beer store and LCBO be serving to those in panic mode the next few days. Man, was I glad...I couldn't even get near either in a few places in Mississauga the next day.

Kim