Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Lots Sold Out At Brock St. Beer Store

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Colin @ Canada

Post by Colin @ Canada »

Went to the Brock St. beer store for the weekend but it seemed everything I asked for they were sold out of.
First I asked for Saint Andre Lager (sold Out), then Black Oak Pale Ale (sold out),
then I decided to try a new beer from Germany called Duckstein (has anyone had this?) but it was sold out as well. What's goin' on here. Managed to get a hold of some Fin du Monde. I wonder if they were sold out because of high demand or is it that they are not stocking enough of the "good" products.
Colin

Jon Walker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Jon Walker »

Sounds a little like the famous Cheese Shop sketch done by Monty Python...

Although I rarely ever go in the Beer Stores anymore I did observe several this weekend that had line-ups and were abnormally busy. I can only account for this being somehow related to "blackout fever" as people used Friday to stock up on essentials like water, batteries, gasoline and yes...beer. I'm sure without the Beer Stores fleet of delivery vehicles repleneshing store stocks on Friday combined with the spike in sales there may have been some sell outs around the GTA. Fortunately for all I never saw a "No Beer" sign on any of the stores like I saw "no Gas" signs on lots of gas stations by Friday afternoon.

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

There is at least one store in the GTA getting ready for a move, but I forget which one off the top of my head.

Rob Creighton
Bar Fly

Post by Rob Creighton »

Blackout Fever ruled supreme in Fergus which got hit from a three way beer effect. Locals and the local conservation area campers thought to put up extra for the weekend, cottagers heading north got away a day early and thought to stock up on route and Guelph still had no power as of Friday night so many came to Fergus.
The Fergus beer store ran dry mid Saturday and when I went in the combo store in Elora on Sunday, it was a sight that looked better than usual. Only micro's and imports available (and a damaged pile of Blue Light 12's). I noticed Formosa is now in the stubby and picked up a Wellington Iron Duke. Too bad there going to restock.