Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Is this as lively as it gets?

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

saints_gambit
Bar Fly

Post by saints_gambit »

markaberrant wrote:OMG, I just have to say, that I totally love craft beer! It's the best. I can't stop thinking about it, and talking about it, LOL! Anyone know where I can get a bottle of Dark Lord? Heard it is powerful stuff, LOL! I went down to the BeerStore to ask if they had it, the clerk thinks it should be coming on the next shipment. OMG, I can't wait!!! In the meantime, I picked up a stash of these cool sounding beers from Trafalgar to hold me over. I even found some vintage beers way back on a shelf. The stuff is called Steelback. I totally believe in supporting local, I can't wait to try this stuff. OMG!!! Hey, if anyone wants to chat about beer, drop me a note at obsessedbeerknurd@gmail.com, or check out my review site at newtobeerbuttotallyanexpert.blogspot.com (I know the name is kinda long, but I wanted to choose something original that totally expressed how awesomely passionate I am about beer... except for Guinness, I tried some of that a couple weeks ago... DID NOT LIKE... sorry, guess I haven't developed a taste for motor oil, LOL)>).
Ironically, that blog name was my first choice, but someone had taken it and I had to go with St.John's Wort. Shame, really.
saintjohnswort.ca

grub
Seasoned Drinker

Post by grub »

markaberrant wrote:OMG, I just have to say, that I totally love craft beer! It's the best. I can't stop thinking about it, and talking about it, LOL! Anyone know where I can get a bottle of Dark Lord? Heard it is powerful stuff, LOL! I went down to the BeerStore to ask if they had it, the clerk thinks it should be coming on the next shipment. OMG, I can't wait!!! In the meantime, I picked up a stash of these cool sounding beers from Trafalgar to hold me over. I even found some vintage beers way back on a shelf. The stuff is called Steelback. I totally believe in supporting local, I can't wait to try this stuff. OMG!!! Hey, if anyone wants to chat about beer, drop me a note at obsessedbeerknurd@gmail.com, or check out my review site at newtobeerbuttotallyanexpert.blogspot.com (I know the name is kinda long, but I wanted to choose something original that totally expressed how awesomely passionate I am about beer... except for Guinness, I tried some of that a couple weeks ago... DID NOT LIKE... sorry, guess I haven't developed a taste for motor oil, LOL)>).
hahahahaha. that just made my morning. it's scary because it's true...
@grubextrapolate // @biergotter // http://biergotter.org/

Wray77

Post by Wray77 »

markaberrant wrote:
Wray77 wrote:I'd like to talk about how few and far between passionate beer drinkers who use message boards are in this province.
I have no idea what this means... doesn't sound like anything I'd like to discuss.

Would you rather I throw around insults and witty, cocky arrogance in response to the typical whiny Upper Canada postings about the government not having a store on every street corner containing every beer on the ratebeer and beeradvocate top 100 at a price of $6/bomber? I haven't done that for awhile...
You've already had your turn to ridicule me. Let someone else go...

cyrenaica

Post by cyrenaica »

There are some of us who are just happy to log in every day and read....because we care about craft beer.

Wray77

Post by Wray77 »

How long do you have to be drinking beer, or craft beer not to be considered new to it?

saints_gambit
Bar Fly

Post by saints_gambit »

cyrenaica wrote:There are some of us who are just happy to log in every day and read....because we care about craft beer.
And that's what passion looks like. 19.6 Kilocares worth.
saintjohnswort.ca

rejtable
Bar Fly

Post by rejtable »

EDIT: Nevermind, probably not a good idea.

I'll just say I don't understand what's going on here.

markaberrant
Seasoned Drinker

Post by markaberrant »

Wray77 wrote:How long do you have to be drinking beer, or craft beer not to be considered new to it?
Long enough to not write idiot posts like I just satirized.

There are lots of good people on here, and lots of good discussions, but trying to force it is a little ridiculous, unless you just want a bunch of clueless ninnies acting like preteen girls at a Justin Bieber concert... though I suppose that would help you gauge the popularity of craft beer in Ontario a little better.

chris_schryer

Post by chris_schryer »

Please please please tell me you actually registered that email address.

Wray77

Post by Wray77 »

JerCraigs wrote:
Wray77 wrote:I hope I'm not arguing anything. I'm assuming that if the passion for beer is out there, it would be reflected in here.
Not to be a dick about it, but threads like these may be part of why there aren't more threads in the forum...
I think I'm beginning to see why there aren't more people here :)

Torontoblue
Beer Superstar

Post by Torontoblue »

Wray77 wrote:
JerCraigs wrote:
Wray77 wrote:I hope I'm not arguing anything. I'm assuming that if the passion for beer is out there, it would be reflected in here.
Not to be a dick about it, but threads like these may be part of why there aren't more threads in the forum...
I think I'm beginning to see why there aren't more people here :)
TROLL!!!! Get back under your bridge.

Sorry that the beer scene in Toronto, Ontario, Canada isn't as vibrant as your oasis that is Portland, but it is getting there.

Wray77

Post by Wray77 »

Not as sorry as I am.

andrewrg
Bar Fly

Post by andrewrg »

I only kind of like craft beer. Please do not count any of my posts in your calculations.

boney
Seasoned Drinker

Post by boney »

Fuuuuck, people. The OP's original post was pretty inocuous but has brought up a lot of bile. I know it's easy to be dickish on the interwebs, but why be a dick at all? If I was a newbie or a 30 year veteran of craft beer, I wouldn't want to sit down and have a pint with anyone who was half as smug and condescending as some of the posts in this thread....and it doesn't have anything to do with "how thick" anyones skin is. Not to say I wouldn't have a pint with anyone in this thread, I've never met a BT'er I didn't like, just that I would politely excuse myself and come back when their mood improved.

It's only beer. Just sit back, relax and enjoy.

Wray77, I hope you stick around and keep contributing to interesting discussions here.

markaberrant
Seasoned Drinker

Post by markaberrant »

boney wrote:It's only beer. Just sit back, relax and enjoy.
I got the impression that the OP wants to do the exact opposite of this.

#ontariocraftbeerrulez #shoutitfromtherooftop