Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Living vicariously, what are you playing/watching?

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

grub
Seasoned Drinker

Post by grub »

irishkyle21 wrote:cratez, I highly recommend Netflix. For 8 bucks a month you can't go wrong.
Agreed... just make sure your internet plan has enough bandwidth. Our plan was an older one that had a cap at 25GB and we blew past by like 17GB the first month we had Netflix (admittedly, I probably had an extra 15GB of data transfer that isn't normally there too due to server migration). An extra $5/month to raise the cap 25GB is far cheaper than paying $2/gb for overage.
@grubextrapolate // @biergotter // http://biergotter.org/

boney
Seasoned Drinker

Post by boney »

Watching: Mostly stuff on Netflix. Just finished up Season 1 of Justified. Previously finished re-watching Firefly and Serenity (the best shows always get cancelled early). I can't wait for the the new season of Arrested Development premiering on Netflix in 2013. Maybe the smartest comedy ever made.

On DVD, I spent the last month or so watching all three seasons of Deadwood......spent the majority of that time calling everyone a God damn cock sucker. You can't not like a show that threw out the F-bomb nearly 3000 times in 3 seasons. Next up is Season 6 of Dexter.

Number8

Post by Number8 »

velovampire wrote:Oh right, also played Journey fully through the day it released on the PSN. Such a stunningly beautiful and emotionally resonant game, even at merely ~3 hours gameplay I would highly recommend it at twice the price.
Its my GOTY so far.

I highly recommend Sleeping Dogs. It has rejuvenated the open world/gta style genre. Whoever at Activision decided to drop this game is probably kicking themselves.

NRman
Bar Fly

Post by NRman »

Interesting
Netflix Instant Accounts For 20 Percent of Peak U.S. Bandwith Use
http://www.wired.com/business/2010/10/n ... dwith-use/

Plus this
Free SD Satellite, if you don.t have cable or satellite already
We did this and there is no catch. Its in and it's free for six SD stations for five years.
If you haven't been a cable or satellite customer in the last 90 days, you may be eligible for the Local Television Satellite Solution (LTSS) program.* This program will allow you to continue receiving the same or similar Canadian over-the-air channels you've always enjoyed courtesy of Shaw Direct.

Please call one of our service representatives before November 30, 2012 at 1.888.782.7602 to see if you qualify.
http://www.shawdirect.ca/promotions/eng ... ransition/

back on topic
I am going back through M*A*S*H but without the 70s laughtrack. Fantastic improvement!

irishkyle21

Post by irishkyle21 »

Funny you mention Mash, I've been watching Hogan's Heroes the past few weeks. Two great shows. I started playing Journey, really enjoying it. It nice playing a game that is calming.
We can get drunker than this!!

biegaman
Bar Fly

Post by biegaman »

irishkyle21 wrote:cratez, I highly recommend Netflix. For 8 bucks a month you can't go wrong.
Better off yet to pay the extra $5 for the US catalog. WAY bigger and better. I use 'Unblock US'. Totally worth it!

velovampire
Seasoned Drinker

Post by velovampire »

Finally getting back into Shadows of the Damned on PS3. Good fun, though it can be frustrating and repetetive at times (especially when you die and have to endure the same load screens and dialogue EVERY. GD. TIME.) Still worth it though, and in keeping with the seasonal mood.

Oh, and watching a tonne of horror movies. Won't bother y'all updating this post with each one (unless you want me to... :wink: )

Iceman

Post by Iceman »

I just finished Sleeping Dogs on PS3 and I highly recommend it to anyone who enjoys open world games. The story is good and I actually liked that you don't have a gun for most of the game.

The hand to hand combat is similar to the free flow combat in Batman: Arkham Asylum and Arkham City.
"Beer that is not drunk had missed its vocation."
http://www.twitter.com/IcemanFTW

Bytowner
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Bytowner »

Geeking out with Crusader Kings 2.

Watching a lot of BBC... new season of Thick of It, QI, few good docs. Will be getting back to Homeland pretty soon. Few shows, like Copper, that I'd like to give a chance.

TheBeeraholic
Bar Fly

Post by TheBeeraholic »

Playing.. NHL13 (c-naughton) if your interseted in playing online.
Watching.. Storage Wars, Breaking Bad, Sons of Anarchy and the odd comedy.

NRman
Bar Fly

Post by NRman »

Watching curb your enthusiasm
preeeettttttyyyyy, preeeeetttyyyyy, preeeeetttyyyyy, pretty good.

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

Not a gamer, but when the baby's napping in the afternoon, I often catch the previous night's Daily Show...pretty interesting right now with the U.S. election on...
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

mintjellie
Seasoned Drinker

Post by mintjellie »

Playing Pokemon Heartgold Edition. :lol:

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

NRman wrote:Watching curb your enthusiasm
preeeettttttyyyyy, preeeeetttyyyyy, preeeeetttyyyyy, pretty good.

I would have to agree with you 10000%
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Ricky Gervais fan, re-watching EXTRAS special & the two series.
In Beerum Veritas