Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Brew Your Own Places - Toronto

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Swordsman

Brew Your Own Places - Toronto

Post by Swordsman »

Hi,

I have a friend looking to find a brew-your-own place in Toronto. He does not want a place where they make the brew and you add the yeast, as he wishes to learn the process.

Any recommendations?

Thanks!
A walk of a thousand miles begins with a single step

Mr.X

Post by Mr.X »

I don't think anything like that currently exists. Check out the events at Black Oak, I think they are running an event soon to demonstrate all grain brewing.

Tapsucker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Tapsucker »

This event should be happening again in a couple months:

http://www.bartowel.com/?p=1375
Brands are for cattle.
Fans are cash cows.
The herd will consume until consumed.

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

The Brew Kettle up in Richmond Hill allows for some experimentation as I understand from acquaintances who have brewed there
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

toweringpine

Post by toweringpine »

Swansea Brew Club might be able to help. I don't think they are doing all grain brewing, just extracts. When last I was there they seemed very flexible. You could make you own recipe, use one of their's from the recipe book or have them make something for you. You could participate as much or as little as you wanted. They even had a list of people who may be interested in splitting batches if you were trying something out but weren't sure you wanted a large batch.

Even if they can't provide exactly what you are looking for they are right across the street from the Cheese Boutique so a trip over there is never a wasted trip!