Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Two New Bottled Beers Coming From Dieu Du Ciel

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Two New Bottled Beers Coming From Dieu Du Ciel

Post by spinrsx »

looking forward to these

'MONTREAL, QC – Quebec beer news website Bières et Plaisirs reports that Dieu du Ciel! will soon be releasing two beers in bottles that were previously available exclusively on draught, and primarily at their brewpub location.

A new addition to the year-round bottled line-up is Pénombre, a Black IPA that was one of the first beers of its style to be made in Quebec when first released at the DDC! brewpub in 2008.

Following in November will be Grande Noirceur, a 9% abv Imperial Stout debuted on draught in 2004. This will be part of Dieu du Ciel!’s new “Momentum” series of limited edition bottled beers, and will be available at retail outlets in Quebec while supplies last'

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

Always nice to credit/link where you cut & paste stuff from, folks:

http://www.canadianbeernews.com/2012/09 ... u-du-ciel/

(Yes, in this case, it's my site. But even when it's not, I always like seeing the sources of information like this getting some recognition.)

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

well, it did mention 'Bières et Plaisirs' - which is where the info came from originally ;)

I'll include a link next time

Tapsucker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Tapsucker »

GregClow wrote:Always nice to credit/link where you cut & paste stuff from, folks:

(Yes, in this case, it's my site. But even when it's not, I always like seeing the sources of information like this getting some recognition.)
Margaret Wente is writing about beer? :D
Brands are for cattle.
Fans are cash cows.
The herd will consume until consumed.

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Tapsucker wrote:
GregClow wrote:Always nice to credit/link where you cut & paste stuff from, folks:

Margaret Wente is writing about beer? :D
Struck me as odd as well. Doesn't she write right wing propaganda normally?
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

WawaWEEwah! Great success! How much?
In Beerum Veritas

iguenard
Seasoned Drinker

Post by iguenard »

Thanks for the credit, the goal is to get the news out there, but always feels better when mentionning the source :)

I REALLY cant wait for the imperial stout. Had it at Mondial in 2011, and it was by best-of-show.

dale cannon

Post by dale cannon »

iguenard wrote:Thanks for the credit, the goal is to get the news out there, but always feels better when mentionning the source :)

I REALLY cant wait for the imperial stout. Had it at Mondial in 2011, and it was by best-of-show.
it's an excellent publication BTW Ian. I thoroughly enjoyed reading thru the latest edition while sitting at the bar at Benelux last Sunday sipping their Armada and Grisette.
That's the way she goes. Sometimes she goes, sometimes it doesn't. She didn't go. That's the way she goes.

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

Man - I remember that Black IPA last year at volo..,

So Effing good...Please, Keep6, get that over here!
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

rejtable
Bar Fly

Post by rejtable »

dale cannon wrote:it's an excellent publication BTW Ian. I thoroughly enjoyed reading thru the latest edition while sitting at the bar at Benelux last Sunday sipping their Armada and Grisette.
I don't want this to come off as slagging anyone, but I find the overall quality of the writing of BetP much higher than TAPS. Be nice if it wasn't so PQ focused, but obviously I understand why.

I sometimes make a trip out to Brouehaha or BdT with the intention mostly of trying to scam my free BetP (picking up some tasty brews isn't the worst thing either!).

Anyway, all that to say, "job well done, Ian and compagnie."

iguenard
Seasoned Drinker

Post by iguenard »

Thanks guys!

xocoatl

Post by xocoatl »

Anyone know of any plans to get either of these into Ontario? Private orders?

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

xocoatl wrote:Anyone know of any plans to get either of these into Ontario? Private orders?
Hopefully Keep6 will add them in due time
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

iguenard
Seasoned Drinker

Post by iguenard »

Worst off I can hook up.

cfrancis
Bar Fly

Post by cfrancis »

xocoatl wrote:Anyone know of any plans to get either of these into Ontario? Private orders?
I plan on driving across the bridge and purchasing them and bringing them back to Ontario.

If you need any let me know. Lot's of room in my car.