Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Muskoka relasing TWICE AS Mad Tom DIPA

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

Frustrating that it's still not listed - I'd love to know if any stores in my area have any - guess I'll actually have to put on pants and venture out!
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

JeffPorter wrote:Frustrating that it's still not listed - I'd love to know if any stores in my area have any - guess I'll actually have to put on pants and venture out!
i called the LCBO info line to find out where it was

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

I just did this too (I didn't know you could..)

found some close by

1-800-668-5226

matt7215 wrote:
JeffPorter wrote:Frustrating that it's still not listed - I'd love to know if any stores in my area have any - guess I'll actually have to put on pants and venture out!
i called the LCBO info line to find out where it was

cfrancis
Bar Fly

Post by cfrancis »

Ottawa folk

Twice as Mad Tom @LCBO store list for Ottawa: 36, 37, 38, 212, 243, 368, 388, 394, 400, 412, 431, 499, 556, 526, 569, 624, 638.

Muskokan

Post by Muskokan »

Emailed the LCBO to find out what's going on...here is the response:

Hi Mike,
The website gets updated with newly listed items via a weekend feed, therefore will not show in the on-line product search until Monday.

Going to try to post a list on our Facebook page where you can get it.

Stay tuned...

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

these are the stores that will be getting it.. but not necessarily stores that have it on the shelf now.. correct?

I was told on the phone that only 5 stores in ottawa have it on the shelf
cfrancis wrote:Ottawa folk

Twice as Mad Tom @LCBO store list for Ottawa: 36, 37, 38, 212, 243, 368, 388, 394, 400, 412, 431, 499, 556, 526, 569, 624, 638.

rejtable
Bar Fly

Post by rejtable »

Store 388 appears to be the one in Bells Corners, and I was there 30 mins ago and no 2X Mad Tom on the shelf that I saw.

I think I mentioned in another thread that Innis Road had quite a few last night.

cfrancis
Bar Fly

Post by cfrancis »

Rideau and dalhousie have it in the cooler

Cracked right now

Shit is gooooood

midlife crisis
Beer Superstar

Post by midlife crisis »

Laird store in Toronto (Leaside) has it out on the floor.

Kish84
Bar Fly

Post by Kish84 »

I popped into my local with low expectations, but it was there!! About to have one now.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

midlife crisis wrote:Laird store in Toronto (Leaside) has it out on the floor.
Yep. Two of the Muskoka lads (sorry I forget, Kevin and Bill?) were on site yesterday talking about the fine new creation.

Plus Amsterdam Brewery is now just down the street from that LC; the brewery store presently offers Tempest Imperial Stout and the Goedenavond Belgian Golden Ale (aged 6 months in Flat Rock Pinot Noir Barrels.) Say THAT ten times fast!
In Beerum Veritas

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

Went to the St. John's/Bayview location last night, wasn't in. Kid stocking the shelves said it wasn't all that great of a DIPA anyway.
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

picked some up in ottawa today, about to crack one open. I've got high hopes. Seeing this on the shelves plus all the good seasonals was great. If the LCBO keeps bringing in good beer I might have to stop my beer shopping trips to the states

sprague11
Seasoned Drinker

Post by sprague11 »

Grabbed a 4 pack on my way home from work. Very nice. not a palate killer like Ruination - just a solid IIPA.

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

yep, a very solid DIPA. I expected more hops, but the west coast type fruity/vibrant flavours are fantastic