Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Muskoka relasing TWICE AS Mad Tom DIPA

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

spinrsx, I agree so long as my beer shopping here continues to resemble what I do in the States - quality, variety, and selective amounts.

Sprague, I still think Ruination has an incomparable nose, but Twice Mad may still very well be in development fine-tweaking the aromas. It will be exciting to keep checking out new batches of this great new DIPA.
In Beerum Veritas

Muskokan

Post by Muskokan »

Hey folks,

Here's a link to the store list of the initial LCBO load in for Twice as Mad Tom. Deliveries started on the 1st, so I think all of these stores got hit this week.

https://twitter.com/MuskokaBrewery/stat ... 3951603712

A couple of these stores might be sold out already, but we'll get them loaded back up.

Thanks for the good feedback.

Cheers.

NRman
Bar Fly

Post by NRman »

Muskokan wrote:Hey folks,

Here's a link to the store list of the initial LCBO load in for Twice as Mad Tom. Deliveries started on the 1st, so I think all of these stores got hit this week.

https://twitter.com/MuskokaBrewery/stat ... 3951603712

A couple of these stores might be sold out already, but we'll get them loaded back up.

Thanks for the good feedback.

Cheers.
in the spirit of pure selfishness
think about :
LCBO Store # 115 :
KING S. & WILLIAM (WATERLOO TOWN SQ)
115 KING STREET SOUTH
WATERLOO, N2J 1P2

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

Still not in the system as far as I can see...the fellow I talked to on the phone said the "we wait until Monday" argument is nonsense and that there's some sort of mistake. The first search he couldn't find it, and thought I must be confused, and then when I gave him the product number he was able to find it.

Weird...but it's annoying because the stores I have been to are sold out.
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

hops are your friend

Post by hops are your friend »

FYI - for those of us in Ottawa, I just picked up a 4-pack at the Rideau & King Edward LCBO. There were 6 4-packs left on the cooler shelf.

ErkLR

Post by ErkLR »

Maybe you'll have to call the store itself before going in since it's not online. I just picked some up at Wellington and Grand (London), and it scanned in and my receipt says "TWICE AS MAD TOM IPA 4 PK-B". Something must be borked with the website's database.

grub
Seasoned Drinker

Post by grub »

I found it on the shelf at the Markham store mentioned in the Muskoka tweet (Bullock+McCowan). Couple more cases worth still on the shelf for any locals. Also for the locals, the new store on hwy 7 just east of Warden is now open and has one of the big walk-in beer rooms. Hopefully they start loading up on the seasonal stuff as it's slightly more convenient then the one further east by Woodbine.
@grubextrapolate // @biergotter // http://biergotter.org/

jrenihan

Post by jrenihan »

There were a few four packs or so at the Yonge/Wellesley LCBO yesterday, if anybody is looking. Nice beer!
Ren

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

Tapsucker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Tapsucker »

Sippin' one right now. It's a good beer.

Found it hiding in a corner at the Leaside LCBO.
Brands are for cattle.
Fans are cash cows.
The herd will consume until consumed.

grub
Seasoned Drinker

Post by grub »

had one last night... i liked it, but it didn't seem like tom was twice as mad, maybe more like 1.25-1.5x... but i've got 3 more to try. perhaps side by side with the original he'll seem madder.

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

I know the 2X mad tom is fresh.. but I'm wondering how I am supposed to tell this the next time I buy it. Is there a date on the bottle? I couldn't find one.. all I see is a random code.

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

I think I like this more than Mad Tom. And I actually don't mind that its not 10%. Its just juicy and gorgeous!

grub
Seasoned Drinker

Post by grub »

JeffPorter wrote:I think I like this more than Mad Tom. And I actually don't mind that its not 10%. Its just juicy and gorgeous!
I don't think you're pointing that at me, but to clarify my comment wasn't to indicate that I expected it to be 10%. I thought it hid its alcohol well, which is great. I didn't get as much of the "juicy and gorgeous" factor as I had expected... seemed on the bigger end for an american IPA, but not into IIPA territory. But tastes and palates vary, and bottles too, so I'm far from giving up on it. Quite fond of the regular Mad Tom and had (have) high hopes for Twice As.

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

grub wrote:
JeffPorter wrote:I think I like this more than Mad Tom. And I actually don't mind that its not 10%. Its just juicy and gorgeous!
I don't think you're pointing that at me, but to clarify my comment wasn't to indicate that I expected it to be 10%. I thought it hid its alcohol well, which is great. I didn't get as much of the "juicy and gorgeous" factor as I had expected... seemed on the bigger end for an american IPA, but not into IIPA territory. But tastes and palates vary, and bottles too, so I'm far from giving up on it. Quite fond of the regular Mad Tom and had (have) high hopes for Twice As.
Sorry, Grub - not directed at you at all. In fact, I just realized what you wrote now and agree that it's more of a "1.5 Mad Tom." And, yeah, 10% is my own exaggeration.

It did read a little sarcastic after your post, but not intended toward you, nor to be sarcastic to anyone. But apologies, anyway.

IIRC, there were comments earlier in the thread about the IBUs and the abv being a little low - I just got a ton more grapefruit than I ever remember getting with a Mad Tom and more bitterness than I was expecting from 70 IBUs. My palates also vary - sometimes day to day - so who knows what I'll get