Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Muskoka relasing TWICE AS Mad Tom DIPA

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

midlife crisis
Beer Superstar

Post by midlife crisis »

La Vache Folle Herkules, 10BY, Propeller Imperial IPA.

Stroonze

Post by Stroonze »

Ive had them all and Garrison is still best in my books. The best part is i can get Garrison at the LC every fall! Gotta love it!

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

Stroonze wrote:What do you guys like as doubles? Garrison and double hop head are two of my favourite big IPA's. I am really interested to hear what Canadian brews you would put on top of them.
Your original post didn't have the word "Canadian" in it. You were just making an overall statement on what you like from a DIPA, or at least that's the way that your post read.

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

Stroonze wrote:What do you guys like as doubles? Garrison and double hop head are two of my favourite big IPA's. I am really interested to hear what Canadian brews you would put on top of them.
Wild Rose Imperial IPA 4.3/5
Les Brasseurs du Temps Diable au Corps 4.3/5
Black Oak Ten Bitter Years 4/5
Garrison Imperial I.P.A. 4.1/5
Howe Sound Total Eclipse of the Hop 3.9/5
Beaus Screaming Beaver 3.8/5
Tree Hophead Double IPA 3.7/5[/b]

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

midlife crisis wrote:La Vache Folle Herkules, 10BY, Propeller Imperial IPA.
Haven't had the other two, but I would agree with 10BY, with the exception of the most recent batch that I tried...

midlife crisis
Beer Superstar

Post by midlife crisis »

ve had them all and Garrison is still best in my books. The best part is i can get Garrison at the LC every fall! Gotta love it!
Seems odd, but on a recent trip to N.S. I much preferred Garrison Hop Yard to Propeller's "regular" IPA, yet preferred the Propeller IIPA to Garrison's. Not sure why.

Stroonze

Post by Stroonze »

Sorry for not putting the word "Canadian" in my initial post. Hahhahhahah, Thanks for all the great rec's. 10BYS is def up there but would take a Garrison or Phillips Amnesiac over it any day of the weeK. Have fun boys!

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

Stroonze wrote:Sorry for not putting the word "Canadian" in my initial post. Hahhahhahah, Thanks for all the great rec's. 10BYS is def up there but would take a Garrison or Phillips Amnesiac over it any day of the weeK. Have fun boys!
No worries. In the world of DIPAs it is a pretty key word. :)

midlife crisis
Beer Superstar

Post by midlife crisis »

I forgot about Amnesiac. That would be at or near the top of my list too.

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

I like 10BY and Witchshark for local stuff, but I like me a good Dbl Hop Head, too. I think when we had Gemini a while back that was the first really good DIPA from the U.S. I drank, so I have a soft spot for that one.
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

midlife crisis wrote:I forgot about Amnesiac. That would be at or near the top of my list too.
I see what you did there.
In Beerum Veritas

mintjellie
Seasoned Drinker

Post by mintjellie »

Garrison Imperial is a damned good beer, but it drinks like some sort of 1.5X IPA, if that makes sense.

Tapsucker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Tapsucker »

Wow, a pissing competition about double IPAs on Bar Towel. I'm shocked! :lol:
Brands are for cattle.
Fans are cash cows.
The herd will consume until consumed.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Tapsucker wrote:Wow, a pissing competition about double IPAs on Bar Towel. I'm shocked! :lol:
I don't see it as such. Amnesiac is the best one though. Fact.
In Beerum Veritas

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

You guys remember Duggan's #99? That was supposed to be a DIPA, but it was ratherrrr... double-caramalty.

The #9 still does well on tap. Mike D will be back!
In Beerum Veritas