Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

A reason to drink...

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Bytowner
Seasoned Drinker

A reason to drink...

Post by Bytowner »

So I'm a dad now. Little girl born Sunday evening. I've loaded up the fridge like the end times are coming, but enjoying a Boom Gose from Beau's this evening.

Beery connection: My wife figured she was pregnant when her Mill Street Coffee Porterm a favourite of hers, was tasting really off. Also, I'm guessing beer was involved somehow in conception.

toweringpine

Post by toweringpine »

WhoooHoooo

Congratulations!

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Congrats! Come back and visit us when you can :-)

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

Cheers Bytowner!!!

Congratulations to you and your wife - I could make jokes about sleepless nights, etc...but there's nothing better than being a dad to a baby! Nothing!
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Well congrats, and sorry I never met you before this happened. Maybe in half a decade or so you will re-emerge? :D

I'm kidding. Find some family-friendly pubs. Remaining socially active is good for baby, and it's never too early to hang out with people who know beer.
In Beerum Veritas

iguenard
Seasoned Drinker

Post by iguenard »

Coffee stout won't quite help you through the nights, but sleep eventually comes back!

Congratulations!

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

congrats! When my daughter was born I found myself buying pricier beers to drink as a reward for making it through the day. A colicky baby and sleepless nights made those reward beers taste even better.

Iceman

Post by Iceman »

Congrats to you and your wife on the new addition to the family.
Coffee stout won't quite help you through the nights, but sleep eventually comes back!
It's true that you are in for some long nights, but our son is almost 4 months old and he's been sleeping 11-12 hours straight through the night (7pm to 7am) for a couple of weeks now. It's nice to be able to watch TV, drink a beer and relax again after dinner.
"Beer that is not drunk had missed its vocation."
http://www.twitter.com/IcemanFTW

boney
Seasoned Drinker

Post by boney »

Definitely no better reason for a brew. Congrats!

Bytowner
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Bytowner »

Iceman wrote: It's true that you are in for some long nights, but our son is almost 4 months old and he's been sleeping 11-12 hours straight through the night (7pm to 7am) for a couple of weeks now. It's nice to be able to watch TV, drink a beer and relax again after dinner.
It's definitely true that when I can grab some shut-eye I appreciate it a good deal more than I did a week ago. She has her days and nights mixed up at the moment so hopefully we fix that up sooner rather than later.