Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Bellwoods Brewery

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

zombi69

Bellwoods Brewery

Post by zombi69 »

Do they sell any of their brews on the premise? I notice a couple of weeks ago they had a sale..

groulxsome

Post by groulxsome »

They are working on it and hope to have a full time retail open soon. From their website:
GENERAL INFO

The retail store at 126 Ossington Ave. will operate as a pop-up shop (depending on stock levels) throughout the fall of 2012. We recently ordered the rest of our fermenting tanks to complete the brewery and add capacity for the retail bottle shop. The new tanks should arrive mid November which should allow us to move to regular retail hours by mid December 2012.

We will have a regular growler (1.89L refillable glass jug) program, along with 650ml bottles, once the retail store goes to full time hours.

126 Ossington attaches to the north of the 124 Ossington brewery/restaurant building. Currently our “retail area” is basically a construction zone that we’ve added a register to. It aint pretty, but it works for now! The space will be getting a facelift throughout November.

Please email info@bellwoodsbrewery.com if you would like to be notified when we have retail sales planned.

STORE DATES/UPDATES

Our next retail sale is Saturday, Nov 3 from 2 pm - 5 pm. We will be selling limited quantities of the following products:

- Monogamy (Calypso), American Pale Ale, 6.4% ABV (650ml bottles)

- Muggleweisse, Sour Brown Ale, 3.9% ABV (650ml bottles)

- Farmhouse Saison, 6.0% ABV (650ml bottles, 1.89L growlers)

- Fall Saison, 6.0% ABV (650ml bottles)

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

I'm looking forward to their Saison beers in the 'bomber' size bottle format.
In Beerum Veritas

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

They post to twitter several days before they add bottle sale dates to their website, so it's a good way to keep tabs on it
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

heebes

Post by heebes »

Lots of saisons at todays sale.

Anyone go? You get some Farmhouse Belgian?
Can't wait to try the dry hopped one. Hopefully the Bravo pale is a step up from calypso. Still think the Summit edition was the tastiest.

nickelass
Bar Fly

Post by nickelass »

Yeah I was there today. Got some Fall and Farmhouse saison, and some Muggleweisse.
"You wanna talk some jive? I'll talk some jive. I'll talk some jive like you've never heard!"

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

heebes wrote:Hopefully the Bravo pale is a step up from calypso. Still think the Summit edition was the tastiest.
Went through a bomber each of the Calypso and Bravo tonight, and I preferred the latter. It has a nice earthiness to it that's really interesting, as well as an odd but pleasant hint of coconut.

Agreed that the Summit has been the best so far, but I've still enjoyed the whole series, and look forward to it continuing.

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

GregClow wrote:Agreed that the Summit has been the best so far, but I've still enjoyed the whole series, and look forward to it continuing.
+1

heebes

Post by heebes »

The Petal Head is my kind of saison. Dry hopping really worked.

nickelass
Bar Fly

Post by nickelass »

The Petal Head is great. I feel pretty spoiled having this around the corner from my house. I can't wait until the retail store is fully open!
"You wanna talk some jive? I'll talk some jive. I'll talk some jive like you've never heard!"

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

nickelass wrote:The Petal Head is great. I feel pretty spoiled having this around the corner from my house. I can't wait until the retail store is fully open!
well is that supposed to happen??

heebes

Post by heebes »

Yeah it will happen, they were putting in the new tanks that will triple capacity this week. I'd guess January before the first brew is finished in them and production increases.

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

heebes wrote:Yeah it will happen, they were putting in the new tanks that will triple capacity this week. I'd guess January before the first brew is finished in them and production increases.
The posted a little while ago that it would be up and running in mid-December, but I agree with you that January seems more reasonable.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

We should totally enjoy this place in this 'golden era' before it's a big operation. Nothing beats the touch of brewing small-scale.

Not that I believe they will turn into Mill Steet, I think they are more the Dieu du Ciel! model with across-the-board quality held as more important than big draught accounts.
In Beerum Veritas

cmadd

Post by cmadd »

With better beer than DDC, or is that sacrilege?