Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Brew storage/racking/shelving

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

markaberrant
Seasoned Drinker

Post by markaberrant »

icemachine wrote:65 isn't bad as long as its pretty constant with no fast variations, not ideal, but not horrible either
Agreed, my basement sits around 65F year round, no issues with aging beers 2-5 years.

Torontoblue
Beer Superstar

Post by Torontoblue »

dickhandsome wrote:I know it shouldn't be stored in a fridge but, it's closer temperature wise.
There's no reason why it can't be stored in a fridge; it just ages at a slower rate.

My fridge is set to the highest temperature it will go, around 50 to 52c, and I've had no trouble with the 200+ beers I've had in and out of the fridge over the years.

dickhandsome

Post by dickhandsome »

So light and a consistent temperature are the main things? I'll probably still use the crawlspace, cause my fridge only holds so much. It gets a lot of traffic. Seems like the most difficult part is gonna be the waiting.

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

dickhandsome wrote:Seems like the most difficult part is gonna be the waiting.
It is. And the best strategy to combat that waiting is hoarding. lol

rejtable
Bar Fly

Post by rejtable »

dickhandsome wrote:So light and a consistent temperature are the main things? I'll probably still use the crawlspace, cause my fridge only holds so much. It gets a lot of traffic. Seems like the most difficult part is gonna be the waiting.
The waiting is the hardest part.