Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Best Beer Ever

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

kinguy

Post by kinguy »

A snifter of Goose Island Bourbon County at the Goose Island Wrigleyville Brewpub after my first Cubs game at Wrigley Field.

As I recall, it was the first time I paid double digits for a beer in a bar.

uno99

Post by uno99 »

I spent my honeymoon in Belgium and obviously brought back a lot of beer. One of them was an 11 year old Chimay Grand Reserve. I waited a few months until Thanksgiving to open it with my brother after our meal. It was incredible; obviously well cellared and was probably the perfect age to open it as oxidation was just starting to creep in.

While in Belgium I also bought a fresh bottle – 2009. I’ve kept it to this day and I patiently wait until 2020.

distr0

Post by distr0 »

finding & drinking this was a pretty cool experience

sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Post by sofakingdrunk »

Digging up an old one...

A bottle or Orkney skull splitter,after going back to my(original) hometown in Scotland 3 years ago. Doubt anyone know's the place, but there's a spot in the scottish borders called Scott's lookout where Sir Walter Scott used to walk everyday. There's a spot looking down to the valley and river,great view,perfect place to sit and sip on a beer. Not necessarily the best tasting beer i've ever had.....but much like everyone else, it's a combo of beer/company/location.

A
Bar Fly

Post by A »

Not to far away from there I enjoyed a warm bottle of Brewdog Paradox while overlooking Eileen Donan castle. I won't say it was the best beer ever but considering that beer is really not very good it was a damn sight better than it had the right to be! :D

northyorksammy
Seasoned Drinker

Post by northyorksammy »

Cuvee de Tommee was great at Radek's place. I shared a bottle with the manager at a Pizza Port a year later and it was even better.